How do I find an agent?

Scookey

Author of the AD2045 sci-fi series
As with EJDeBrun, I use a variety of email accounts and do not give my main mobile number to anyone except friends. If some organisation demands my number they either get nothing or one from a temporary and potentially disposable pay as you go number. Bung junk messages to that one, you lovely spammers you.
There is also no legal need to give your real date of birth - anything reasonable will do. All they want it for, apart from 'confirming' adulthood, is the excuse to send extra junk/spam on your birthday. Social media is an integral part of everyday life - just need to 'play the game' better than those out to take immoral advantage of it/you.

CTRandall

I have my very own plant pot!
Supporter
Thanks for the correction! Somehow I got it into my head that FB bought Twitter but, clearly, I was wrong. Sorry for interrupting the thread with my ignorance. Now I'll go back to stalking agengs in tne traditional manner.

EJDeBrun

Thanks for the correction! Somehow I got it into my head that FB bought Twitter but, clearly, I was wrong. Sorry for interrupting the thread with my ignorance. Now I'll go back to stalking agengs in tne traditional manner.
FB bought Instagram, so that might be part of the confusion?

Honestly, I completely feel you on the social media aversion. I didn't have FB until recently and only used it for a couple of years (I moved and I was trying to keep in contact with people) before I've ditched it again.

Twitter is another whole weird universe, but I honestly wouldn't recommend it except for the fact that I have actually found useful for making connections in publishing, which is the only reason I recommend it. And one of the benefits of Twitter is that you can read anyone's tweets without having to sign up for an account yourself so you don't even have to give them your information in order to check out what's going on (Did I mention Twitter is really bad at monetization?)

And of course everyone has their own methods. I was just offering a suggestion to the OP because I have found it useful. That's all.