Doctor Who: New Year Special

I thought they said they were resting the Daleks. Not for very long then. I know I'm very old, but as a child I couldn't wait for the next Dalek story, but back then they would only have them every two years.

WELL!!!

Is this the first clue that they are thinking of moving the whole shebang to the US where production costs would be cheaper and with the ecconomies of scale we could get longer episodes for the same bucks.

This was by far the best episode of the new series.

Although the setting was a bit traditional at least it was consistant and the detail was fantastic.

I had no complaints about the plot either and I particularly liked the fact there was less running about pointing sonics at anything that moved.

OK, the ending was predictable, especially given the excessive dialogue. I think they could have left the last scene to the immagination of the viewer rather than the spelling it out in excessive detail. But that's a personal opinion and I can see theat others would enjoy the jokes.

Is this the first clue that they are thinking of moving the whole shebang to the US where production costs would be cheaper and with the ecconomies of scale we could get longer episodes for the same bucks.
Oh, that would be so terribly, terribly wrong!
More likely: we would get the same length or shorter episodes, and the industry would get more bucks.

I never really considered that the Christmas special had to be about Christmas. Just that it came out on Christmas which I thought was a wonderful tradition. At my house Doctor Who goes hand and hand with the holiday. I'm glad they are doing a special but now my Christmas will seem less.