Kindle Books unavailable on Amazon.com to international readers?

If you are in a country with its own Amazon site (uk.amazon), you cannot purchase Kindle books from Amazon.com, right? I know I've never been allowed to buy Kindle books from the UK site (a few times - or so - , I've forgotten where I was and tried).

I don't understand this. When I publish on Amazon.co.uk it automatically offers the book on all international Amazon sites too. I know this because it asks me to choose the price for each international market. Or am I missing something?

I don't understand this. When I publish on Amazon.co.uk it automatically offers the book on all international Amazon sites too. I know this because it asks me to choose the price for each international market. Or am I missing something?

There's a step where you select countries to make it available to. The report in the original post seems to suggest people trying to buy from Amazon.com were having problems - though perhaps they were trying to do so instead of a regional store, ie, amazon.com.au.

Yeah, even though I have an account (and author's page) on Amazon UK, I can't buy ebooks there. Twice I forgot I was on the UK site and tried to make such a purchase - and was told to get it from Amazon.com.

You're mixing up Kindle Direct Publishing with Amazon.co.uk, I think. KDP is where you publish the book onto any market, the .co.uk, and .com etc is where Amazon places it on sale to the customer. So, in this case, you're not publishing on .co.uk but publishing on Kindle direct publishing, who then place it on the various sites.

In answer to Brian's question, it's been happening on my books for some months now. :)