DISCUSSION THREAD- December 2018- 75 Word Writing Challenge :

I've one written but don't think it comes under the genres. It seemed obvious when I saw the theme. What the heck, I may post it anyway.

Victoria, I really like your imaginative updating of a classic bit of Christmas/newspaper Americana.

I'm in too. Merry Christmas, huh? Well, I live in the dark, freezing city mentioned in Victoria's story, and it's a little hard to be cheery right now (though it's really a wonderful city, and I do love Christmas). Looking forward to all the Reindeer tales, CC

I struggled with the title, and edited multiple times over the last 30 minutes, but I am finally satisfied. I thought the topic was challenging, but once I got my idea, it was just a matter of paring it down. I miss the 85 worder already!

@Victoria Silverwolf .... No, Virginia .... Victoria gives us a very sad tale about equating Christmas with reindeer and jolly fat men.

@Cat's Cradle .... No, No, No, Merry Christmas .... Cat brings us horror as Santa tries to reign in zombie reindeer.

@RJM Corbet .... Santa Claus Found Dead at Toy Factory .... RJM brings us a crime report where Santa gets his due.

@Cathbad .... In the Dark you Can't See the Swastika .... Cathbad lets us in on the great Santa Conspiracy.

@elvet .... Rudolf's Legacy .... Elvet brings us a story of hope with a bit of whimsy in the midst of a burgeoning crisis.

Quick question for a Mod. Do ellipses count as a word?

They haven't, generally, but you might want to pop some over to us for context, just to be sure you haven't come up with some new and unforeseen possibility that might. :D

@Karn's Return .... Rudolf the Protective Reindeer .... Karn writes a tale of Santa, a bad candy cane, and Rudolf in the role of vigalante.

I'm sorry. :( It was either Rudolph as the good guy or as the bad guy, those were the only ideas I had. And considering it was meant to be reindeer and not other Christmas-related theme, well...

You're forgiven. You've also written an unforgetable story. But that is not always a good thing.

This month it's sort of a happy tale. I'm not completely sure what category last month's entry fit in but this one is happy.

The first draft started out from the wrong POV I think. Since I switched POVs, it doesn't bug me anymore. Glad for that.

Back