Dilemma about a plot

Omits

Has anyone written a novel where the United Nations organisation has a strong role? My character has been invited by a Alien AI to help with some rescued Aliens who are complete opposite to humans and thus very vulnerable but want to meet with humans. It’s his task with the technology of the Mothership to reveal them and make them friends with humans. Set about 40 years hence just to get an idea of human tech. He decides the only fair way of approaching his fellow humans is to engage the UN so insists this is the first approach. Obviously I must introduce all the political madness that will ensue when the Spaceship suddenly appears in the skies above Earth. Just trying to get a direction on this. He is British and 72 years but after some enhancement now looks early 50s. Can of worms? Many thanks.

Hey, Omits. It's been a fair while since I've read it, but in Childhood's End, by Arthur C. Clarke, I believe the main human character in the first section of the book is a big shot at the United Nations, who's tasked with interfacing with the newly arrived alien species, dubbed The Overlords.

Okay, in checking Wikipedia, that character is the Secretary-General of the UN. You could get a copy of Childhood's End, and see how Clarke handles things, as research for your story. Good luck, and hopefully other members will show up here with more advice. :)

Childhood's End - Wikipedia

Thanks I'll have a look at that. Currently I'm assuming UNOOSA will deal with actual arrival and I have setup a character to be the director (Chinese) so far. Politics is not my thing so yes any other input gratefully appreciated.