My Sincere Thanks...

-K2-

mƎ kn0w dUm!
Just a quick note of thanks to everyone at SFFC. Over the past few months, everyone has been so very welcoming, gracious, often indulgent and patient, yet overall helpful to me and 'my personal' efforts. Your kind assistance has helped to improve my reading and writing skills, taught me some basics that I needed to learn, and even let me hash out and ramble on about 'my interests and projects,' to work out my thoughts and ideas, and so much more.

In the end, you have improved me.

Thank you for that!

K2

Karn's Return

Holiday Dragon
That's always been one of the very consistent aspects to Chrons here, K2. It's always been very welcoming and a very tight-knit community. :) Glad you're so happy with the results here, it's almost like a second family, isn't it?

The place had definitely improved me, I'll tell you that much. With all the interactions with different people all over the world at once, I've been humbled and calmed down a good bit about things, and speaking with you all over the years as I had has helped not only with writing, but with personal character.

Joshua Jones

I feel much of the same way, K2. I have been here for a relatively short time, and I have improved immeasurably in both writing and editing. The patience shown by other members with my constant posts in the improving thread, clarifying questions which must look like arguing from the outside, and frequently paltry writing contest submissions is exceptional. It always seems like, on days I want to give up, I wind up getting a vote or a mention, and it keeps me going.

So, thank you, members of the Chrons, from me as well!

-K2-

mƎ kn0w dUm!
Nearing a year as a member on this forum, I want to say thank you for delaying what I was wanting to accomplish, by a year.

Initially when I joined, my intention was to adjust my mindset from S-fi... that's Smut-fiction by the way, to gel better with a work I had finished (Lest ye be Judged) being DSSci-fi, or, Dystopian Smutty-ish Science-fiction, before I made major edits to it.

In the process, you folks here let me bounce off you numerous ideas and hash them out from minor to major issues. With my poor literacy, my pseudo-English was corrected a number of times, and at each-and-every instance I performed searches and learned vast amounts regarding basic English reading, writing, grammar, etc.. Most points I took to heart and have tried to apply. Some, didn't feel right, yet, I applied them nevertheless. A rare few, I did not agree with, right or wrong, so any failure at that point is all on me. Now, that doesn't mean I learned correctly, so, I may still have issues with my manuscripts. BUT, I'm absolutely confident they are VASTLY better due to your help.

That said, there is the whole year thing...

* Lest ye be Judged ~ G9 was tight, fast paced, had considerable depth, and if I simply followed those points above I would have long ago finished a standalone novel I'd be proud of. However, I have done NOTHING to it except add notes.
* A notice of a publisher looking for novella's was made here, so, I thought, 'why not,' and began writing a prequel to LybJ meant to be roughly 2/5 the size.
* In the process, another call for submissions was announced for a <5k word story, I wrote from the heart (though was pre a lot of that learning), and though rejected (I'm afraid to re-read it and discover why), I had nevertheless submitted my very first piece of work for professional/paid publication (other works previously published were gratis or I received thank you gifts).
* LybJ (at 98k words) I pounded out in 3-months of rather easy research and writing. I'm extremely proud of it, get great reviews as rough as it is (from casual readers)... But now, besides wanting/needing to make changes, I can see numerous flaws due to your help.

With all of that out of the way, after all this time (partly real life issues), I have 'alpha-finished' and had read by alpha-readers that little prequel novella I started. Today, in that I want to lean it up, it stands at: 50-chapters + 12-appendices = 118,446-words (story alone) = 143,704-words w/appendices, numerous sounds for digital versions, etc.. In the process I've added a second pidgin dialect (actually many, most never to be utilized), generated highly detailed maps of the entire city-state (which can be used throughout), and expanded the story tremendously... Plus added significantly more depth.

The story itself is simple. However, it has evolved from poor-government > eco-collapse > tyrannical gov. - to - touching on aspects of racism, class systems, economic abuses, more intricate ecological issues, new cultures evolving, societal de-evolution and consequences, societal standards reforming, new diseases/medicines, psychological controls... etc., etc.. I barely had room for any smut even! (well, there is still a little ;) ). Reviews of the forum posted alpha version are extremely favorable.

All of that will apply to improving LybJ and the subsequent novels (5 total) which have all evolved in my mind and in notes, and, have also grown significantly to the point I feel I really have something (doesn't everyone?).

In any case... thanks for dragging out my quick fix over a year.

Your help and advice has been priceless to me. It has improved my skills and improved 'me.'

Thank you so very much!

K2