Doctor Who (37) 11.07 Kerblam!

I’m just finally catching up on episodes and have just started this one (and recovering from the emotional hell of the ending of the last one) but he ordered herself a fez :lol: love it!

Oh, I’m sure there’s a whole section of the TARDIS dedicated to nothing but fezzes. All bought by Matt Smith’s Doctor.

See, the Doctor would never buy a Fez. They just come to him/her in his/her many adventures, like socks in a dryer they appear and disappear at will.

I was rewatching Matt Smith's series recently on iPlayer, and buying a Fez was one of the things he planned on doing to while waiting to fade away. So obviously he did, and it took that long to get to him. It's tragic, really, 11 never got his fez :(

I do have to admit I wasn't quite sure why it was necessary to destroy all of the delivery bots, after they had been rerouted to deliver to where they were already standing.

You have to get rid of the bombs somehow. Safer to have the robots do a 'controlled explosion' than have humans do it. Thought I'd guess all it would really have taken in Who Screenwriter World was a quick sonic after getting the robots to empty the boxes.

As for the episode, it was OK. This isn't a series I'd go out of my way to watch any more, but it has its moments.

Really like their choice of female Doctor and the new look Tardis. I agree with the general sentiment that something is missing. To me it is partly insufficient chemistry between the 'crew' and partly the superficial storylines. Mostly feels like skimming along the surface rather than being drawn in. It is quite a large crew these days so that could make it harder to bring them all closer together but what is unforgiveable is encouraging the myth that spiders climb out of plug holes. How many extra spiders will get drowned down them by people yet to realise they get into baths from above, then can't climb out.
Oh well, maybe the Christmas special will bring things more fully to life - except it is being aired on New Year's Day, not Christmas. That just seems to sum the whole new series up...

Late to the party i know but onloy watched this ep a few days ago. I liked it and will admit it had me duped as well. i was sure it was going to go down the old "and then there was a cyberman factory in the basement" conclusion. the snatching of people by creepy robots had all the hallmarks of that.

enjoyed the episode, not a great one but certainly one of the better ones this season (in a season i am struggling to click with). and i thought the Doctor programmed the self delivery, self destruction before the cleaner escaped and ran into the crowd of cyber-delivery-men?