Doctor Who Audience Figures

Assuming the traditional "let's all sit down and watch tv" viewing experience, I would actually argue that Christmas Day is more hectic than New Year's Day and would so would expect higher figures for the latter. But those figures are considerably lower than others in this series so that's a real oddity.
I'd disagree for two reasons: Long time Who fans were expecting a Christmas show, and were (to my surprise) extremely loud and nasty about it (on social media). Also, it was very poorly advertised, at least here in the USA. I never saw a single ad for it, and the only mention of it on BBC America you could find was by following the Dr. Who show link. Bad.

In the US we never have new scripted TV on Christmas and very rarely on New Years. Slowly we'd been trained to expect a new Who on Christmas day. Among my friends it had become tradition to watch Doctor Who on Christmas even by those that don't really follow the show. New Years day has college football and parades. It was a bad move in the US.

In the US we never have new scripted TV on Christmas and very rarely on New Years. Slowly we'd been trained to expect a new Who on Christmas day. Among my friends it had become tradition to watch Doctor Who on Christmas even by those that don't really follow the show. New Years day has college football and parades. It was a bad move in the US.
I fully agree.

It got very uninteresting and too much of the Sonic Screwdriver being used like a Harry Potter wand.

I watched the first couple of Jodi Whittaker episodes, about halfway through episode 3 my attention was more on a game of Solitaire on my phone.

I think episode 4 was about ten minutes and then I was channel surfing. I didn't view any more of the series. So dull!

I thought the latest series pretty much nailed what I look for in Dr Who.

I watched the first few episodes of series 11, decided it had reverted to a children's program, and have dipped in-and-out since then. As an 'old school' Whoist (I watched the first ever episode), I'm appalled at the arrogance behind the 'Timeless Child' plot twist. Lets just throw the last 50 years in the bin, well, because we can...

(Walks away, shaking his head sadly)

I watched the first few episodes of series 11, decided it had reverted to a children's program, and have dipped in-and-out since then. As an 'old school' Whoist (I watched the first ever episode), I'm appalled at the arrogance behind the 'Timeless Child' plot twist. Lets just throw the last 50 years in the bin, well, because we can...

(Walks away, shaking his head sadly)
Have to agree. Just watched it today. I suppose they still have an 'out': that the Master was lying. Irrespective, that is less of an issue to me than just the poor storytelling, lazy writing, slack direction and just general shrug-inducing-ness of the current season. I've watched all the episodes, and there were a couple of 6's, and even a 7, but the rest were 5,4,3 & 2. If their aim was to update the show for a modern audience then, gee, I think they've nailed the brief!