Doctor Who Audience Figures

Cathbad

Level 30 Geek Master
Assuming the traditional "let's all sit down and watch tv" viewing experience, I would actually argue that Christmas Day is more hectic than New Year's Day and would so would expect higher figures for the latter. But those figures are considerably lower than others in this series so that's a real oddity.
I'd disagree for two reasons: Long time Who fans were expecting a Christmas show, and were (to my surprise) extremely loud and nasty about it (on social media). Also, it was very poorly advertised, at least here in the USA. I never saw a single ad for it, and the only mention of it on BBC America you could find was by following the Dr. Who show link. Bad.

Anthoney

Bearded Member
In the US we never have new scripted TV on Christmas and very rarely on New Years. Slowly we'd been trained to expect a new Who on Christmas day. Among my friends it had become tradition to watch Doctor Who on Christmas even by those that don't really follow the show. New Years day has college football and parades. It was a bad move in the US.

Cathbad

Level 30 Geek Master
In the US we never have new scripted TV on Christmas and very rarely on New Years. Slowly we'd been trained to expect a new Who on Christmas day. Among my friends it had become tradition to watch Doctor Who on Christmas even by those that don't really follow the show. New Years day has college football and parades. It was a bad move in the US.
I fully agree.

dannymcg

"Hello Adventurer"
It got very uninteresting and too much of the Sonic Screwdriver being used like a Harry Potter wand.

I watched the first couple of Jodi Whittaker episodes, about halfway through episode 3 my attention was more on a game of Solitaire on my phone.

I think episode 4 was about ten minutes and then I was channel surfing. I didn't view any more of the series. So dull!