Rogue One Prequel Series

Very much looking forward to this. Could be a nice spy thriller set in the Star Wars universe.

I like that its Diego Luna returning as Cassian. I really like the direction this is going for the franchise. It opens the stories up for more detail and better development.

And it is set during “our” Star Wars time frame.

I must be alone in this, but i genuinely think that the character of Cassian is the cinematic equivelant of magnolia drywall. I didn't even remember him when I first heard about this, and had to look him up.
I don't know how this series will pan out, but in Rogue One I didn't notice much in the way of personality from the character, so im kinda unconvinced that this idea holds water.
Rogue One isn't my favourite Statr Wars movie, so maybe I'm biased, but I can't see this turning the franchise around after the box office performance of Solo and backlash against TLJ.

@picklematrix you're not alone. One of the common criticisms I hear from others is the lack of depth of character development through the film.

I will say though, that a deep look at Cassian has me very excited. I don't remember the exact quote, but at one point he says something like "we've all done terrible things in the name of the rebellion." They could really get some character points here by covering some of those moral choices and struggles that he's had to do for the rebellion.