Star Trek: Lower Decks. An Adult Animated Comedy

Narkalui

Nerf Herder
"The men who replace the yellow cartridge in the food replicators so that a banana will come out the other end."

This made me think of Lister and Rimmer fixing the chicken soup vending machines...

Anthoney

Bearded Member
I really hate goofiness mixed with my sci-fi. I can stand a little light comedy but I think this will be more sitcom than Star Trek.

Vince W

Towel Champion
Supporter
"The men who replace the yellow cartridge in the food replicators so that a banana will come out the other end."

This made me think of Lister and Rimmer fixing the chicken soup vending machines...
You could be very right about this. I doubt they'll be able to match the level of the first two series of RD, however.

Vince W

Towel Champion
Supporter
I really hate goofiness mixed with my sci-fi. I can stand a little light comedy but I think this will be more sitcom than Star Trek.
It doesn't get much goofier than Trouble with Tribbles, or I, Mudd.

Anthoney

Bearded Member
@Vince W

I was never a big fan of the tribbles or of Mudd. Not on in TOS and certainly not on Discovery. 50% of all the ferengi episode on DS9 were just if not more goofy. Which was weird because otherwise it was the most serious Trek. I liked DS9's tribble episode better than the TOS version because overall it was less silly.