Question About Birds

Eli Grey

Hello All,

I'm writing a book series in the fantasy genre. Birds are heavily involved. I have a few resources on birds that have been helpful, and I have invented some fantastical ways they are used in my world. Given their purpose in my project, I am wondering if I am using them in a plausible way with the fantastical elements as well as in places where the fantastical element is not a component? I don't want to post details here on their usage in my WIP, but I would be happy to discuss those things via PMs.

My new resources are:

Gifts of The Crow, by John Marzluff, Ph.D. and Tony Angell

The Genius of Birds, by Jennifer Ackerman
---
I have been using Youtube as a resource as well and I follow a number of birders on Instagram.

Thank you all in advance.

Last edited:
Given that there is basically nothing new under the sun, as far as fictional ideas go, I wouldn't worry too much.

That said, what sort of info are you looking for? Bird behaviour? Psychology? Habitats and habits? My first job was with birds, mainly wildfowl, and carried on in studies and later work.

Given that there is basically nothing new under the sun, as far as fictional ideas go, I wouldn't worry too much.

That said, what sort of info are you looking for? Bird behaviour? Psychology? Habitats and habits? My first job was with birds, mainly wildfowl, and carried on in studies and later work.

Hi. Thank you. I would like to keep this part of my worldbuilding/storytelling under wraps for now. I don't want to spoil the fun.