9.03: The Walking Dead - Warning Sings

ctg

weaver of the unseen
WyoJPI9.jpg

Judith, Rick and Michonne (Photo by Jackson Lee Davis/AMC)

Rick’s vision for the future is threatened by a mysterious disappearance that divides the work camp where the communities are building a bridge.

I am slightly surprised that Justin ended as zombie food, with huge hole in his chest. It certainly suggest that his end was delibrate, but at the moment he was caught, he recognised someone in the woods. But nobody seems to be really concerned that Savior's has gone missing with community's only supply of bioethanol. I don't think it will be long before they're completely out of petrol and everybody are on horsebacks or using wagons.

I loved watching Old Man Rick observing the crop-fields and having a family moment with Michonne and Judith. Those two deserve a moment of happiness. On as many as they can before the Ricktator is shipped back to the old country. To be honest, I would have seen him becoming a sheriff and maybe shifting at the background to let other character a chance to shine in the small screen, because Michonne is right. There should be laws.

Maybe not so many regulations, but laws certainly. Laws that would make clear that certain things against the living are unforgivable acts. The simple reason is that there aren't many people left. All the lives matter, even if they're put to do hard labour.

What I don't understand is why there are so many Savior warriors out, when around a hundred of them were taking a part of that final blowout on top of the hill, before Rick kicked Negan's ass. Before that at least another hundred, hundred and fifty had been slaughtered in various battles. All that the Saviours should have had left should have been normal people.

All the kidnappings to be honest puzzles me as the Ricknation should be very aware of their surrounding areas and they should know if anyone is alive. In the comics, they had some lookouts, tracking the movements of the dead. And also looking for those few living groups, who might be venturing towards Alexandria. But there isn't.

There is nobody out there. No scouts. No groups of people experimenting with the military tactics. It is as if Ricknation has forgotten the lessons of the past. All expect Jadis, the trashlady, who is scouting to a mysterious helicopter people for the case of A.

I think A means those who are immune to the bite and B something similar. It was surprising that Gabriel caught Jadis talking to the helicopter people. In her defence Jadis claimed that she used to trade people, making her Kirkman's first slaver.

I don't think Negan as one as he rewarded people for their co-operation. All he wanted was for the people to obey his rules. No matter how twisted they were. The only way to save the Ricknation if for Rick to become a sheriff and Michonne making laws that give people a chance for a redemption. Maybe some forgiveness.

Here's a question: Why Doctor Evil hasn't made a bioethanol brewery at the Hilltop?

Oceansiders taking out saviours, did surprise me although I did say they may not be on board with Rick's vision.
I understand every life counts but I also think that some people can't be allowed to live for the sake of the greater community.

I was relieved to learn that the mysterious Savior disappearances did not mean they were reorganizing to spring Negan and mount another attack on the utopia Rick believes he can build.
I was surprised that Oceanside vigilantes were behind the killings, although they clearly have the least inclination to forgive and forget than the other communities savaged by the Saviors.
Was Maggie's decision to walk away from the summary execution in progress determined by the claim that her hanging of Gregory was the Oceanside survivors' motivation for their vendetta? Will she and Daryl follow through on their plan to put an end to Negan? I certainly hope so.
Anne and Gabriel hit something of a snag in their budding relationship with Gabriel's stalking discovery. So, what's the difference between an "A" and a "B" as classified by Anne's bosses? Does Gabriel's failure as a "B" make him the "A" that qualifies Anne for extraction, or has he been downgraded to a "C" or a "D"? Given Gabriel's past, his loyalty to Rick doesn't seem like enough to qualify as "A" material.

Oceansiders taking out saviours, did surprise me although I did say they may not be on board with Rick's vision.

I don't think anyone is listening, as everyone are busy on doing their own thing. Including Michonne.

I understand every life counts but I also think that some people can't be allowed to live for the sake of the greater community.

To be honest, it annoyed me to hear them talking about "all lives matter," as if it had been a thing. It was almost as if they'd been reading the forum and used a few things from our conversations to beef up the script, without really telling why all lives matter.

Will she and Daryl follow through on their plan to put an end to Negan? I certainly hope so.

At this point, killing Negan is just going to cause more problems, in my honest opinion. Negan's female lieutenant deserved to punished, but at the end of the day, I strongly believe that hard labour would have been a better solution. It kills people, but at least they'll contribute something.

. So, what's the difference between an "A" and a "B" as classified by Anne's bosses? Does Gabriel's failure as a "B" make him the "A" that qualifies Anne for extraction, or has he been downgraded to a "C" or a "D"? Given Gabriel's past, his loyalty to Rick doesn't seem like enough to qualify as "A" material.

Maybe Gabriel loses his one good eye, but I don't think he'll qualifies to the standards of the helicopter people. If A doesn't mean immunity then it has to mean individual skills, like one being a doctor.

Maybe Gabriel loses his one good eye, but I don't think he'll qualifies to the standards of the helicopter people. If A doesn't mean immunity then it has to mean individual skills, like one being a doctor.
So, the hypothesis is that the helicopter people are collecting essential "A" personnel (doctors, engineers, used car salesmen) and non-essential but useful "B" personnel (preachers, butchers, coffeehouse baristas). All other survivors are "C" (rabble).
Whereas Anne thought that Gabriel was a "B" and her ticket to a ride home, she now must procure an "A," so poor Gabe is out. Ah, how fleeting zombie apocalypse romance. :(

So, the hypothesis is that the helicopter people are collecting essential "A" personnel (doctors, engineers, used car salesmen) and non-essential but useful "B" personnel (preachers, butchers, coffeehouse baristas). All other survivors are "C" (rabble).
Whereas Anne thought that Gabriel was a "B" and her ticket to a ride home, she now must procure an "A," so poor Gabe is out. Ah, how fleeting zombie apocalypse romance.

So a D would a walker or freshly infected? Is Rick A? Is Jadis going to sell him to the helicopter people as A class merchandise?

How about Negan?

Locked in the cell and the key is lost. Nobody has hacksaw blades, or gas for the blowtorch.

I'd classify walkers as D-; useful only when weaponized.

Well, no. Remote teeth and arm, and then harness them at front of a plough or some other thing and they will keep doing it as long as they don't fall apart. They are an unrealised resource.

An aptly named episode. The warning signs are there alright about the demise of the series.

Regardless of how great The Walking Dead has been in Season 9 so far, the ratings are not reflective of the show's overall quality. Another week is in the books, and another slip to series low ratings for AMC's top drama.

Per Deadline, The Walking Dead's live + same day ratings score amongst the coveted 18-49 demographic came in at a measly 1.94. This marks the lowest demo score for the entire series, despite the overall audience spiking two percent to 5 million live viewers.

Not only did the ratings fall from last week's episode, but they were down a sharp 50 percent from the third episode of Season 8 in 2017. However, the show did see jumps of 49 and 60 percent in the Live+3 ratings, and the episode was again available early on the no-ad AMC Premiere service. So, while the ratings are down significantly, it looks as though audiences are finding other ways to watch the new episodes.

The Walking Dead is clearly using the pending exit of Andrew Lincoln's Rick Grimes as a way to boost viewership in the coming weeks. After Sunday night's "Warning Signs," advertising began teasing that Lincoln's final episode would be coming in just two weeks.

Lincoln's exit had been rumored for months before it was made official during The Walking Dead's Hall H panel at San Diego Comic-Con. Lincoln said that, after that panel, he finally felt the weight of his departure.

"The strange thing about being here was the fact that I think it really hit me yesterday because of the relationship that the show has with the fans here," Lincoln said. "As soon as it finished, the panel, I walked off the stage, it was more profound -- my sadness -- the actually wrapping up on the show. The show, I was so proud of the where the story was going and where the season was going. It's a brilliant launching pad I think, the episode that I leave, into the rest of this incredible season. All of that was more than just 'Oh, I'm pleased that I've completed it.' This was, 'Oh, f---.' I'm leaving."
'The Walking Dead' Ratings Continue to Slip

This was another good, but not great, episode.

By the way, was there ever an episode of TWD showing a mobile phone? I think FTWD did in season 1.