Any thoughts on the new Charmed tv series ?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
It premiered last night , its a bit different then the original. :)

It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great. I didn't like the way Harry was introduced. They fill the show with hints and nods towards the "me too" and woke type cultural phenomenon. Then they have Harry start things off by kidnapping them and tying them to chairs. Just seemed off.

I also question using the half sister bit right off the bat. The original saved that in case one of the actresses dropped out.

I'll need a few more episodes to see how I feel about the sisters.

I've been watching. It's has some issues. I'm wait to see if they work them out soon. In general they seem way less mature than the original group.

I'm halfway through the third episode and fell asleep(couldn't keep my eyes open). It may take a while for this one to work out all the kinks. I had a similar vibe at the beginning of Supergirl; however I didn't fall to sleep during those episodes.

Kill it. With fire. That's my feeling on this show. I did watch a few episodes but couldnt stand the incredibly poor writing.

Honestly, this show is a travesty for fans of the original. It really shouldnt exist and shame on CW for greenlighting it.

I watched a few episodes and decided to drop it. It's really borring. There are so many other series, so I really don't understand why this one deserves a 2nd season.

For the last two years it's been hard not to be renewed on the CW. Even if you work at being canceled all season long you still might be renewed. Maybe next season with the passing or Arrow and Supernatural that will change.

The original was a vehicle for Shannon Doherty - until she fouled it up in her usual fashion - and was pretty pointless.

The reboot was a drunken 4am thought that failed to dissolve in daylight, and seems to me to be even more pointless.

They're going through a no powers phase. I hate no powers storylines (for the most part).

As long as this how does become clone of the original. That would be depressing.