I need an expert in retro sci-fi movies (or TV shows)

Rusty the Dalek

This has been bugging me for over 20 years now and I need to find this film. It gave me nightmares as a child and I wish to see it again in my adulthood.

I have very little memory of its plot but all I can remember I will list here.

It was about some kind of island or jungle with a tribe of people there. From what I can remember, there were androids that looked human (the tribe may even have been the androids I cannot honestly remember). The androids were replacing people as duplicates and inside theor bodies they were full of mechanical motors and pullies.

There was a man and a girl he was trying to save. My biggest memory was how he was running with her through the island and she fell and he opened her top to reveal those motors and pullies inside her revealing that she too was an android duplicate.

As I say I saw this when I was a child and my memory could be dodgy or wrong with some elements. I think it may have been 1950 to 1960 era but even that isn't certain.

Please help. I cannot find this film anywhere.

Sounds Screamers a 1980s movie based on a PKD story. I dont know if there was an earlier one.

The basic idea sounds like Halloween 3 (1983), but it was an isolated town, not an island.

I checked out Screamers. Eerie film but too recent, as I was much older by its release date. It must have been earlier. Halloween 3 has a similar vibe though my memory screams jungle or island.. Maybe even an alien planet? I wish I could remember more. The main thing I remember was those awful pully-motor things going up and down in the androids chests when opened up ...

It could have been a twilight zone or outer limits but I own most of them and haven't found it yet..

I hate to suggest this, but because I myself confabulated two films as though they were one, it is possible that the island or jungle elements are from one source, while the android elements are from another. In my case, there were two different pilot films that Gene Rodenberry made, both for the same never-made series. One was called Genesis II, I forgot the name of the other. Granted, their similarities made the confabulation rather easy. they were about a post apocalyptic world, one featured a woman with two belly buttons, the other had a certain actor. Both involved the protagonist named Dylan Hunt.

As far as learning that the woman is an android goes, The Twilight Zone has that episode where the guy learns that he is a robot version of his creator who could not deal with women. There also was one with the android brought to the guy on a distant planet where he was sent a punishment. While he knew she was a machine, at the end, her innards may have been shown.

The color version of The Outer Limits had an episode in which they hunted androids. The grandfather had decided it was no thrill unless they could fight back, which no android could do. So he left instructions for disabling the Asimov laws in a cabin, where he was certain they would take shelter. There is a DVD called fantastic robots & androids for that color series.

There was a movie I was trying to find for a long time. I turned out to have been a pilot for a never-made series. I would never have found it, if not for subscribing to Modcinema.com's newsletter. It might be possible to search their site.

This has been bugging me for over 20 years now and I need to find this film. It gave me nightmares as a child and I wish to see it again in my adulthood.

I have very little memory of its plot but all I can remember I will list here.

It was about some kind of island or jungle with a tribe of people there. From what I can remember, there were androids that looked human (the tribe may even have been the androids I cannot honestly remember). The androids were replacing people as duplicates and inside theor bodies they were full of mechanical motors and pullies.

There was a man and a girl he was trying to save. My biggest memory was how he was running with her through the island and she fell and he opened her top to reveal those motors and pullies inside her revealing that she too was an android duplicate.

As I say I saw this when I was a child and my memory could be dodgy or wrong with some elements. I think it may have been 1950 to 1960 era but even that isn't certain.

Please help. I cannot find this film anywhere.
This film sounds amazing, I want to see it!

I want to say The Human Duplicators 1965, but im not sure.

Thank yoy for the suggestions so far. Alk help is appreciated. Human Duplicators is an interesting suggestion... I will check that one out. I have such clear memory of the girl being full of motors. I know if I saw that scene again it would confirm it for me.

Slight long shot, but did the girl look anything like this?

Android_Invasion.jpg