Need opinions on a short story

scarpelius

Is anyone interested in helping me with a 2500 words story? I've never published outside my small circle of sci-fi fans and I am not sure what I wrote is good enough to be published.
The story is finished and I had someone proofreading it. I would have tried the critique section if it wasn't this short.

Is anyone interested in helping me with a 2500 words story? I've never published outside my small circle of sci-fi fans and I am not sure what I wrote is good enough to be published.
The story is finished and I had someone proofreading it. I would have tried the critique section if it wasn't this short.
Sure, I'll give it a look.

Great :).
The document is on Google Docs, I will send the link in private or the .doc format for word if you prefer it.

I'd suggest putting up the first 400 words or so in Critiques, which will be enough to show whether the start needs to be worked on more, and once other members see how you write you could well get more volunteers offering to help.

If you don't want to put anything up in a public forum, then as and when you reach 100 counted posts you can put the story up in Writing Group which is closed to casual viewers. There's no word limit there, but I'd suggest you post only the first half or so, as that will attract more people to read it, and you can always put the balance up afterwards.

@The Judge Whooooa :), a hidden place.
I am interested but is going to take some time until I reach 100 posts, as I am not a great poster. 20 years ago I had an opinion in almost everything, but now I cooled down a lot.
I will though consider critique section for another story I am trying to write, which should be over 5k words.

P.S. Listening to Dire Straits Alchemy concert album, and the world seems a great place to live in atm :)

Last edited: