Pet Sematary Trailer (remake)

Phyrebrat

www.beanwriting.com
Supporter
I've been seeing praise for this remake pop up on SM and other entertainment news feeds all day so I checked out the trailer.

I didn't find it as amazing as the sites had claimed. On a whim I watched the trailer for the 80s original

I think I know which one I'd rather watch.

It makes wonder how far away from classic horror filmmaking we've gone. Uncanny style and SFX aren't close to a good story and even after watching usually-worthwhile Netflix's Malevolent, last night, this confirms it.

My main horror consumption comes from foreign language or indie flicks now. Why do we have to wait four - five years for every one good horror. I can only think of The Babadook and Hereditary as films I have enjoyed as excellent horrors and that can't just be because they have such invested storylines, because Pet Sematary does, too. (I've not included IT here because, well, it's just not a horror when you have such a cool monster as Pennywise)

If you're after some rewarding, unique and unsettling horror I'd go with:

Hereditary
The Babadook
Creep
Absentia
The Banshee Chapter
Mr Jones
Session 9

pH

Having seen the trailer , this version strikes me as being rather generic.

Yeah, I wouldnt watch it from the new trailer. If I could watch horror anymore, which I can't. The old one was much better. Why, oh why, do we have to keep remaking everything? I could see it if it was something that would benefit massively from new technology in filmmaking, but they seem to have gone backward there.

Yeah, I wouldnt watch it from the new trailer. If I could watch horror anymore, which I can't. The old one was much better. Why, oh why, do we have to keep remaking everything? I could see it if it was something that would benefit massively from new technology in filmmaking, but they seem to have gone backward there.

I think it's because originality has become taboo in Hollywood. .:unsure: