Forged in Fire

WaylanderToo

A US series about blacksmithing - think Great British Bakeoff with knife making. Has anyone else stumbled across this? Happened across it a few weeks ago and I'm hooked, the fact that I have no artistic inclination or ability is irrelevant it's still great.

I've watched a few seasons of this. I find the process of forging fascinating. There is so much more to it than just making the metal. In each show, 4 blacksmiths design a functional knife. The best two face off in a challenge to make an historical weapon determined by the judges. I've learnt a lot about different types of weaponry from different cultures and time periods, thanks to this show.

I jump in a watch every once in a while. There some of the people you'll need to collect when civilization falls.

I love this show, but I don't think it's SF or Fantasy. And none of the weapons they make are based on fantasy designs, instead you get the usual competition and then the challenge weapon. I absolutely love the test phase, where usually the Pig is the King.