fancy @name references

TheEndIsNigh

...Prepare Thyself
Supporter
So, being frail of mind and not into all these new fancy features in the world of the internet, I wondered how you "younguns" manage to reference people with the

@This IsMyName

feature.

Presumably its one of those hard to learn things like digital watches and calculator thingymagigs.

Av Demeisen

Prime Detester of God The Infernal Wizard
I thought a Microprocessor/Electronics designer would be more internet-savvy. ;)

TheEndIsNigh

...Prepare Thyself
Supporter
You're basically there, you just type @ and start typing the name and a box will appear with username suggestions (or just type it all manually).

@TheEndIsNigh

voila
Thanks Hoopy. If only I chosen to use my own name in the example - Such is life.

I thought a Microprocessor/Electronics designer would be more internet-savvy. ;)
But this is neither uProcessor or Electronics related. This is a site/editor thing. Typing @JoeBloggs (or even as above @thisismyname) produces nothing. Had I gone for @TheEndIsNigh (see comment for Hoopy) the post wouldn't have been required as all would be obvious, obviously.

Yes when tech savvy persons ask such questions truly @TheEndIsNigh
And very soon too.

All that being said, I appreciate the comments thanks.

@HoopyFrood
@Av Demeisen
@tinkerdan

Boaz

Happy Easter!
@TheEndIsNigh I had some trepidation at attempting to use the @ feature. Even more so, I was also slightly miffed that the normal means of written communication (i.e. what I learned on a blackboard and then on a type writer and then changed to be whatever I wanted it to be) are consigned to history. I was born in 1966... yet I think I was born into a level of technology that would more familiar to Archimedes than it would be to my ten year old nephew. And yet, all I can do is try to keep up, think young, and not gripe about "the good old days."