Jon Favreau's The Mandalorian

Also during the Clone Wars Darth Sidious already kind of purged Mandalore and he inflicted heavy damage in their political infrastructure. If that is not called a purge, then I don't know what it is called, but it's quite clear that the Emperor wasn't happy about them at all. To purge them he must have been pissed and thought Mandalore as a big thorn on his side.

In the GWS 40k, The Imperium purges planets that they see 'unfixable' or 'too corrupted' and the results are pretty clear what happens after they release planet killers. Still, even after forty thousand years of war, there hasn't been a genocide.

The only real purge that I can remember in the SW is the Emperor taking his wrath on the Nightsister and Nightbrothers. The population in the Dathomir went almost to zero after Maul and his brother brought 'war' to the Emperor, while he was hiding.

The Nightsisters were utterly destroyed and massacred with their fortress left in ruins during the battle, with Ventress, Talzin,[2] Merrin,[13] and Shelish being the few survivors.

We don't know for sure, because it has already kind of happened during the Rebels as the Mandalorians are already on run, with the Dark Sabre gone missing. And all that stuff that happened at the aftermath of the Order 66 being executed.

When they bring out the Dark Sabre in the Rebels they are already hurting pretty bad. There are Mandalorians at Mandalore, but it's not like how it was back in the olden days during the Old Republic.
But the Purge referred to in the Mandalorian is post Rebels. They are under the yoke of the empire in Rebels but there are still many of them still alive. In Mandalorian it is described as rare to come across a Mandalorian.

Reactions: ctg
In Mandalorian it is described as rare to come across a Mandalorian.

It was rare before the Clone Wars, and then it was rare during the Emperor's time, so in the Star Wars terms, what does that really means? We know that Yoda's species is rare, and yet, they are kind of everywhere, because they're so cute and always get screen time.

So how rare are Mandalorians, because you can see them quite often and people definitely know what they look like. It is as if their appearance has been imprinted in peoples mind and Mando doesn't have to go around explaining people who they are. The Nightsister and their brothers are even rarer and you really have to kind of explain to the people who they are because the image is not their minds.

If I would write him I would have to put in references on what they done and make Mando act as if he's kind of unique. I also believe that the easiest way for him to explain what he's looking for is by referring to his looks. But he doesn't as the people know who they are and what they can do, even if the image has been muddled.

It's just when you think about the reasons and why's you come to a point where it becomes clear that from the very beginning of Darth Sidious Grand Plan, the Mandalorians were excluded and there was no way, other than through manipulation to control them. Even then, as it became clear in the Clone Wars and clearer in the Rebels that the Imperium considered them always as a threat. More so than the Nightsisters.

So in the terms of the Purge, what I was trying to say is that the Grand Imperium cocked it up as they didn't make sure that all of them were eradicated. Like for example what Emperor tried to do with the Jedi's through Order 66. It's just even that failed as the Jedi's and their Lightside became the doom of Darth Sidious with their very small numbers.

Therefore what is rare in Star Wars terms?

Also since Ashoka is now in the series I can say this and it's another observation. Ashoka Tano is the only force user who has faced Maul and Vader to live to another day and she forced both of them in a very bad place.

I could say that she's even better fighter than Luke, who faced his Vader but failed at front of the Emperor. Luke, while he's a legendary master, he wasn't a legendary fighter but more like a father to new league of lightside force users, who sometimes call themselves as Jedis.

Anyway, this is a great fight in epic settings (the Mandalore throne room)

Therefore what is rare in Star Wars terms?

For me the difference is that in the Mandalorian, people think that nearly all the Mandalorians are dead whereas no-one expresses this sentiment in Rebels.

I've just finished the first season of this and I thought that, overall, it was excellent. Probably the best Star Wars thing I've seen.

For decades, the infamous Firespray-31 of Boba Fett—and his father before him, Jango—has been known as the Slave 1. But as Boba himself is thrust back into the Star Wars spotlight, that name might not be coming with him, thanks to a policy that’s recently been made rather prominent itself.

Boba Fett’s return to the spotlight has been with us for a while now, as the character, who was revealed to have survived his Return of the Jedi encounter with the sarlacc, appeared in the second season of The Mandalorian last year. Now, as Boba prepares for his own spinoff Disney+ show in The Book of Boba Fett, and plays major roles in events like Marvel’s War of the Bounty Hunters, one of Star Wars most recognizable designs has returned to be a major force for the franchise’s other great love beyond its own continuity: toys

But that toyetic aspect of Boba—from a generation of would-be firing rocket packs all the way to the latest action figures—may have now revealed an aspect of the character’s history that might be on its way out, in one form or another. This past weekend, Lego revealed three new Star Wars playsets inspired by the second season of The Mandalorian: Moff Gideon’s Imperial cruiser, an Imperial transport Marauder speeder, and a new $50 set based on Slave 1. Except it doesn’t carry that name. Instead, the set was simply titled “Boba Fett’s Starship”—a name that sparked reporters at Star Wars and Lego sites Jedi News and Brickset, respectively, to ask Lego designers Jens Kronvold Frederiksen and Michael Lee Stockwell about the intentionality behind the name change. After all, sometimes Lego Star Wars sets receive title changes, either to avoid spoilers in advance of a project’s release, or sometimes due to legal issues—last year, a trademark dispute lead to the toymaker rebranding its Razor Crest playset as “The Mandalorian Bounty Hunter Transport” in European markets, for example.

Maybe it's for the better, but honestly as a creator I wouldn't change the name. But I could draft a name change into the script.

As long as the word master is safe.

Master Luke
Master Yoda
Mastercard

'I sold Star Wars to 'white slavers''

George Lucas 2015

• Haha
The "Star Wars" live-action spin-off "The Mandalorian" on the streaming service Disney Plus received a whopping 24 nominations in 19 categories for the 2021 Emmy Awards, tying with Netflix royal family drama "The Crown," that also received 24 nominations. The nominations for the second season top the 15 that it received last year.
Sadly, the sci-fi genre wasn't well represented in this year's nominations, which were announced Tuesday (July 13). Again. It seems only the big franchise names received any kind of attention. There was nothing for "The Expanse" on Amazon Prime Video or "For All Mankind" on Apple TV+ or HBO's "Raised By Wolves" — and while that show gradually descended into insanity as Season 1 concluded, the actual performances were outstanding. And what about SyFy's "Resident Alien" in the Comedy category? The eligibility period for 2021 submissions was from June 1, 2020 to May 31, 2021, so all of those shows could've been recognized

Forget Boba Fett, I want to see a series about Mayfield.

Overall, The Mandalorian is extremely good, and even the filler episodes are exciting and well-made. I think it peaks with the penultimate episode of Season 2, "The Believer", which minute for minute is one of the best bits of TV I've ever seen. Bill Burr is terrific, and the scene in the bar is great (credit also to Richard Brake and his somehow-creepy and possibly Texan accent).

I think focussing on the war-film and Western aspects of Star Wars was a good idea. For me, the series only flagged (slightly) when the Jedi got involved, but this is very much personal opinion. With Baby Yoda, the show had a decent amount of comedy without being offputting. Pretty much everybody makes a good job of what they're required to do, and there's a nice sense of what life is like in the Former Galactic Empire when the magic people aren't around. Excellent stuff.

Though no official word from Lucasfilm has been revealed (surprising no one), another voice from the production of Star Wars: The Mandalorian has revealed a potential start date for the highly anticipated third season of the series. Star Giancarlo Esposito previously said that filming would start soon but now Carl Weathers has given a more specific time frame. Speaking during an appearance at Steel City Con, the actor revealed that he'll be acting and directing again in the new episodes. "We’re gonna start a new season of The Mandalorian, within the next month," the Greef Karga actor confirmed. "Yeah. And I get to be in front of camera again, and I get to direct again.”

Production on The Mandalorian's third season has been delayed due to filming on its spinoff series, The Book of Boba Fett, which is scheduled to arrive this October, taking the premiere slot that Mando has occupied for the previous two years. A recent report from Collider revealed that the new season of The Mandalorian wouldn't begin filming until after Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi series was no longer occupied Lucasfilm's "Volume" stages in Los Angeles.

"I think we've introduced the world in which Mando exists now," stuntman Brendan Wayne previously told Star Wars Sessions podcast about season three. "Not that there aren't going to be new things, I'm sure... I think there will be a lot less introductions, and a lot more going back towards the first season of delving deeper into the character and things like that I think," Wayne shared. He added, "Have I read one script? No. Have I heard some things? Sure. So I'm guessing. But I can tell you this. If anyone's going to be able to continue telling a story, it's Jon [Favreau]. And raising the stakes? It's Jon."

star-wars-the-mandalorian-grogu-movie-realization-figure-1281832.jpeg

Disney's The Mandalorian is back in in Tamashii Nations' Star Wars Movie Realization lineup, and this time Mando brought along Grogu (aka Baby Yoda). The figure stands over 7-inches tall and features a brand new sculpt complete with Beskar armor. The Grogu (aka Baby Yoda) figure is to scale, and comes with a cool pram cart that's inspired by wooden pushcarts from the Samurai era in Japan.

Accessories for The Mandalorian Movie Realization figure set include Mando's blaster and jetpack, along with swappable hands, a sword, and a scabbard. Pre-orders are live here at Entertainment Earth for $139.99 with free shipping. The release date is set for March 2022, but keep in mind that you won't be charged until the figure ships. Might as well lock one down while you can - figures like this can definitely sell out.

On Sunday, The Mandalorian brought home the Emmys for Outstanding Stunt Performance, Outstanding Stunt Coordination, and Outstanding Special Visual Effects In A Season Or A Movie.

The awards certainly represent a successful second season of the Star Wars series, and a third season of the popular series is on the way, albeit with a bit of a wait. Production on the third season of The Mandalorian is expected to get underway any day and, as of now, The Mandalorian Season 3 is expected to debut on Disney+ in the latter part of 2022.

"I think we've introduced the world in which Mando exists now. Not that there aren't going to be new things, I'm sure... I think there will be a lot less introductions, and a lot more going back towards the first season of delving deeper into the character and things like that I think," stuntman Brendan Wayne shared on a recent episode of the Star Wars Sessions podcast.

He added, "Have I read one script? No. Have I heard some things? Sure. So I'm guessing. But I can tell you this. If anyone's going to be able to continue telling a story, it's Jon [Favreau]. And raising the stakes? It's Jon."

While fans may have to wait until next year for the third season of The Mandalorian, they will still have Star Wars content to get them through. The Book of Boba Fett is expected to hit Disney+ by the end of 2021. That series will showcase the "true" nature of the iconic bounty hunter, particularly the idea of him being "all killer, no filler."

"I think that's what we as an audience, I think, are going to get from The Book of Boba Fett," Wayne explained. "A lot more of that kinda feel. He gets even grittier than Mando did. I feel like he doesn't have the choice because he really was a different kind of character."

It seems like the action is really going to heat up in the third season of Star Wars: The Mandalorian. Not that the first two seasons of the celebrated series haven't had some incredible action scenes, but some potential new spoilers regarding Season 3 tease a battle on a scale we haven't yet seen on The Mandalorian to this point. We could finally be witnessing the once storied people of Mandalore rise once again.

The Mandalorian Season 3 is currently in production and Making Star Wars recently revealed a little tidbit about a massive scene that is currently being prepped. According to the outlet, Disney+ is currently looking for actors and cosplayers to fill 75 different suits of armor — Mandalorian armor, to be exact. The 75 suits will all be unique in their own ways, with slight variations on the classic Mandalorian armor, giving them each a distinct feel. We're about to see a massive horde of Mandalorians on-screen at the same time.

75 in suits. How many in CGI? I'd call that as a clan invasion. Somebody is going to have a bad day!

The Prequel era is back in full force. Not only will we see the return of Ewan McGregor in next year’s Obi-Wan Kenobi limited series but also Hayden Christensen, either reprising his role as Anakin Skywalker in a flashback/vision or as Darth Vader for a never-before-seen confrontation with his old master. Either way, McGregor and Christensen’s first scene together since 2005’s Revenge of the Sith will be a huge moment on Disney+ in 2022.

But Christensen’s Star Wars comeback isn’t stopping there. THR reports that the actor will also appear in the upcoming Ahsoka series opposite Rosario Dawson, although it’s again unclear whether he’ll show up as the troubled Jedi hero or the Sith monster he became after parting ways with his former padawan. Either way, Christensen’s debut in the post-Original Trilogy era does present some very interesting possibilities for what this could mean for Star Wars as a whole.

Remember that Ahsoka will take place during the same era as The Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett, which are set five years after Return of the Jedi. This means Darth Vader has been canonically dead for half a decade when the show begins, and that the Anakin Skywalker that Ahsoka knew ceased to exist over 20 years ago. So how is Christensen’s return even possible?

hhhrrrrmmmmm, but it can be allowed since Maul came back. Thing is, what do they need Vader to do? He was Emperor's hand and he had his own role to play on the creation of some of Emperor's sins. He even aided them, but if you look into Ashoka's story, the Villain is Grand Admiral Thrawn, not Vader.

Ashoka did beat Vader in the Sith Temple and she walked away, while Anakin went nuts over the place and what had happened. Sith's just have to release the anger in most spectacular ways. Jedi's they get over it with a latte and morning mediation. Grey's just let out a deep sigh as it's another day in the SW universe.

Bringing Vader back would be a big problem in my mind and they have other villains in the Expanded Universe they can easily bring in the canon universe. But if they bring Vader back, I want same treatment for Ventress and the Night Sisters.

star-wars-bring-home-the-bounty-week-3.jpg

The Vintage Collection Ahsoka Tano (Rosario Dawson) and the Death Watch Mandalorian Vintage Collection figures will both be available to pre-order starting at 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET tomorrow, October 27th here at Entertainment Earth and, presumably, here on Amazon.

In addition to the new Vintage Collection reveals, Star Wars and Hasbro have also revealed that a Black Series figure based on The Client (Werner Herzog) from The Mandalorian. This figure is expected to arrive at some point in 2022.

The new Star Wars The Vintage Collection and Black Series reveals for Bring Home the Bounty come just days after a big batch of Star Wars items launched at Hasbro's Pulse Con 2021 event. Among those items was another Vintage Collection Ahsoka Tano from Clone Wars ($13.99). Additional standouts include The Black Series Cobb Vanth from The Mandalorian ($31.99), and The Vintage Collection Nevarro Cantina Playset ($52.99).

@ctg your breath of knowledge on these things simply stuns me. Thanks for sharing.

Now you too can own a Werner Herzog figure that comes with interchangeable Klaus Kinski head for Fitzcarraldo collectors.

For me the difference is that in the Mandalorian, people think that nearly all the Mandalorians are dead whereas no-one expresses this sentiment in Rebels.

That's my impression, too. The Clone wars shows the end of a golden age- a widespread, peaceful and fabulously wealthy civilisation being torn apart by external and internal enemies. By "Rebels," the Mandos are clearly on the back foot. Poorer, fewer, bitterly divided and ruled by Imperial puppets. But they still make up the dominant ethnic group on at least several planets within their former territory. We don't see much of their cities, so it's hard to compare directly. Still, both the Empire and the Rebel Alliance clearly think that they're a military force important enough to be worth courting or controlling.

Late in "Rebels," it was revealed that the Empire has been working on weapons that specifically target Mandalorian military technology. Post liberation, "The Mandalorian" tells us outright that they're now virtually extinct, just a handful of survivors living in secret on foreign worlds. The implication is that in the later stages of the Rebellion, the Empire carried out a genocidal campaign against Mandalore to prevent it from joining the Rebel cause. If that is the case, it's a very bitter ending to Sabine's story arc.

Back