Gyrobike

tumblr_mayeirF2HT1rasfs9o1_500.jpg

K2

Same as Goldhawk, but also 'cheap, second rate James Bond' as my mind immediately went to my memory of the gyrocopter in You Only Live Twice :)

I used to work on a B2B bike magazine - there's a company called Gyrobike, so that's what I think of!

If you’re worried about reader perception, remember bike has become such a fluid term for things that are personal one-seat vehicles.

From Swoop Bikes and Speeder Bikes of Star Wars to the jet bikes of water sporting, you’re in a pretty free zone.

If you’re worried you could use ‘pod’ instead of bike. As in Gyropod.

@AlexanderSen great sketch! that is the closest to what i was trying to get across.

thanks for all the comments. i need the term for a <ahem> particular flash fiction competition on a particular <ahem> amazing sff forum, which is quite limited in word count. i was hoping for a vehicle that properly set the science fiction scene as there aren't many other cues in the scene....

maybe i should use "speeder" instead... the actual machine is not so important as what it means to the rest of the scene.

Hi,

Oddly my thought was exactly what K2's image showed - and the attempts at them that were built on a Scrapheap Challenge show. (Also they were on Southpark but had a rather different seating arrangement!!!)

Cheers, Greg.

Back