October 2018 seventy-five word discussion thread

Congratulations Mosaix, on another win. I really feel like there should be some kind of backhander going on between me and these winners: I usually vote the winner and feel therefore, as the Kingmaker, I should be honoured. Not that this is about me, but it kinda is (or should be). :D

Thank you also to Pedro Del Mar for the vote. It was nice to get that along with the odd mention here and there, too. Thanks to all.

Here's looking forward to a nice pairing of genre and theme for November, and more entries, and more voters.

pH

@The Judge said "VOTE -- OR BE FOREVER OSTRICHED!!**

** OK, it should be ostracised, but ostriched sounds a lot more painful."

What does that involve precisely? Just for future reference. It does sound excruciating.

Congratulations: @mosaix
BTW If you ever want a beta reader before you post your entries please let me know. My advice could be pivotal to your chance of future success :devilish::D:speechless:

What does that involve precisely? Just for future reference. It does sound excruciating.

Congratulations: @mosaix
BTW If you ever want a beta reader before you post your entries please let me know. My advice could be pivotal to your chance of future success :devilish::D:speechless:

As the former residential storm elemental of the place, Gray, I can most certainly inform you that it does NOT involve the shape-binding properties of water...

Well (to misquote Mrs Beeton) first catch your ostrich...

How about if you can't get an ostrich would an emu do? How about a duck or a turkey?
Ducks are only effective for determining witches and turkeys for drowning in rainstorms. Emus, however, are surprisingly effective against the Australian military, (Emu War - Wikipedia if you have no idea what I am talking about), so they may work. I think a Rhea would be a better alternate, though. Or an Emperor Penguin; their mafia relationships are all too aparent...

Talking of November's thread, a word to the wise...
READ THE FIRST POST!!
Yes, I know we always say that, but​
SERIOUSLY.
DON'T TRY AND POST YOUR STORY WITHOUT READING THE FIRST POST AND/OR THE DISCUSSION THREAD FIRST.

I used to be one of those impulsive types. XD Used to actually be the first entry every month, almost as soon as the thread was open for business.

Usually didn't get many votes doing that, mind you. XD

Back