October 2018 seventy-five word discussion thread

Congrats, mosaix! 10 wins is amazing. Very happy we'll get to do this all over again in 3 days - see you there. ;)

Crap, I thought I had longer to get my vote in. My apologies to all concerned. I'll do my best to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Ten wins from Mosaix, huh? Well, well...

Not that I'd be any threat, but, I'll try my best next month. XD

Karn, slapping you is given me a sore hand, in future i think I'll let Wally loose. Stop being negative, i probably have over taking you in entries but you likely have more votes than me.
Before anyone tells me off, I'm not putting myself down, you lot don't appreciate my genius or i don't offer good enough bribes.

Well, I've never bribed anyone, but I don't know about votes.

As I promised a certain red dragon...I'll have to post what my entry would have been here. But let me warn you, it's very bland. Cold oatmeal would be more exciting.

The Blade

Jack took in a breath, brushing cobwebs blocking his way as he headed deeper into the crypt, his torch flickering with every step.
He stepped up a large sarcophagus, wincing at the intimidating death mask placed upon it. He pushed it open, ignoring the body within, as he lifted a sword, glowing with an evil, dark purple light.
“Thank you for the gift, Grandfather,” he whispered with a manic grin.

So yeah, that's what it would have been. :|

Congratulations, mosaix!!

That is now the greedy beggar's TENTH win!! I vote we seal him in a locked room with no access to the internet for the next year!
No way!
Any wins then wouldn't really count.
Like Formula 1 with no Lewis Hamilton.
A distance race with no Mo Farah.
100m with no Usain Bolt.
Toy Story with no Woody.

No way!
Any wins then wouldn't really count.
Like Formula 1 with no Lewis Hamilton.
A distance race with no Mo Farah.
100m with no Usain Bolt.
Toy Story with no Woody.

I appreciate your concern for competition, Danny, but "No, that wouldn't be a very nice thing to do to Mosaix." would suffice. :lol::lol:

The Blade

Jack took in a breath, brushing cobwebs blocking his way as he headed deeper into the crypt, his torch flickering with every step.
He stepped up a large sarcophagus, wincing at the intimidating death mask placed upon it. He pushed it open, ignoring the body within, as he lifted a sword, glowing with an evil, dark purple light.

Oatmeal indeed. No skeletons, no vengeful ghosts, no traps, that would have been a dungeon for nubs :)
Nice story though, worth short listing it.

The Blade

This would have been an interesting entry. I would have reviewed it thusly:

@Karn's Return .... The Blade .... Karn tells a tale of one generation grabbing its legacy from another with absolutely no regrets.

Back