October 2018 seventy-five word discussion thread

Just in case anyone is confused about when the poll will close, it will close at some point between 23:59 GMT and midnight tonight (GMT)... NOT tomorrow as the automatically generated text suggests**. If the timer does not close the poll tonight, I will do it manually.

As I set the timer a few moments before the moment when no new entries were allowed (around 00:59 BST on the 24th, which is the same as 23:59 GMT on the 23rd), and the timer was set to 120 hours (= 5 days), I'm at a loss as to why it shows the poll closing tomorrow... unless the software gets as confused about daylight saving ending as some people do.

** - At least to those who've set their time zone to be the one based in GMT.

As I type, the software is now reporting that the poll will close in 14 minutes... so at least I won't have to close the poll manually....

Below are the results of the Ursa Jury (which decided not to leave their reasoning to me):

The following are in posting order within the categories:

Honourable Mentions:
  • Arrival by Luiglin
  • Don't Make Me Turn This Asteroid Around by David Evil Overlord
  • Coming of Age. by Peter V
  • Trust in space... by SilLearning

Runners Up:
  • Where There’s A Will... by mosiax
  • The Ageless Legacy by M. Robert Gibson
  • Have you ever tried herding cats? by Hugh

Winner:
  • Ancestry.com by HoopyFrood

Congrats @mosaix.

Cheers for the votes @Perpetual Man + @Boaz and for the many mentions folks. I'm pleased with that,

I wanted to try and get a double legacy in. However, I realised after the edit hour was up (as normal) that the line about the infinite spinning dots should have come after the Windows 10 message. Seems to read that better that way.

Mosaix, Kudos, You have a Will and a Way!

The rarer a thing is, the more valuable so Graymalkin, your vote is very valuable to me. Thanks much!

Victoria Silverwolf
Parson
Chrispenycate
Cats Cradle;
Thank you for the shortlist or mention!
I hold you all in great esteem and consider this a great stride in my writing!

To everybody; I don't know how we top this month's challenge yet we must try and that will be The Legacy!

Thank you to those who mentioned/voted for my story. A few of these now and then give me encouragement! It's also nice to lose out to such wonderful craftpersons, such as Mosaix! :)

Ask people from my time before here. I pulled a single win out of my head by going with the absolutely most ridiculous 90 degrees in a humorous way-by pulling a gentle stereotype I must admit-but most months I would be in the zero club for votes. It'll depend on how my mind these days will take the next topic.

Well done, Mo!

And thanks to everyone who voted for or shortlisted my ridiculous little story. For a moment there I thought the chocolate orange was working!

Back