October 2018 seventy-five word discussion thread

Good to see you in the reviews, @Parson! And, as always, excellent work. I'm astonished that you got through all that in an hour, though!

Thanks for the compliment. Making the reviews has become a little easier over time, but I know I've sometimes missed what was intended by a good old country mile. :oops:

@Bob Senior .... Andersonville 1864 .... Bob shows us a legacy of death in generations.

@jackwinabox57 .... The 1st Anniversary of a New York City Legacy .... Jack reminds us of a modern legacy which brings hope to the hopeless, while calling for action in the rest of us.

I now realise, when I came to save this months 75 word entry on my computer, that we have had 'Legacy' as a 75 word theme before - in May 2013. Don't know if anyone minds, but if they do - apologies.

Edit: I found it interesting to compare my 2013 entry to my current entry (about to be posted). Those entering in 2013 might also find it intresting to compare their entries as well.

Last edited:
@mosaix .... Where There’s A Will.... Mosaix brings to light a conundrum of legacy, time travel, and the real value of something.

@Bob Senior Andersonville. 1864.: Even in the most horrific conditions, no matter how briefly something is possessed, receiving a legacy is an meaningful moment. The meaning of that moment, though, is sometimes open to interpretation.

@jackwinabox57 The 1st Anniversary of a New York City Legacy: Sometimes, the legacy we leave is far more than the possessions we own. Sometimes, a legacy of tears for one is a legacy of joy for others. Typically, when the second is true, the first is true as well.

@mosaix Where There's a Will...: the best legacies aren't always the ones appreciated at first. Then again, they may be appreciated both before and after they are received.

@Graymalkin Wills: The greatest treasure is often the legacy of memories.

@chrispenycate Out of the autoclave, endlessly rocking: An epic, poetic battle takes place on the smallest scale between a ever shifting genetic legacy and a autoimmune legacy.

@Bob Senior Andersonville. 1864.: Even in the most horrific conditions, no matter how briefly something is possessed, receiving a legacy is an meaningful moment. The meaning of that moment, though, is sometimes open to interpretation.

@jackwinabox57 The 1st Anniversary of a New York City Legacy: Sometimes, the legacy we leave is far more than the possessions we own. Sometimes, a legacy of tears for one is a legacy of joy for others. Typically, when the second is true, the first is true as well.

@mosaix Where There's a Will...: the best legacies aren't always the ones appreciated at first. Then again, they may be appreciated both before and after they are received.

@Graymalkin Wills: The greatest treasure is often the legacy of memories.
Wow! I'm flabbergasted by your review, especially the last sentence. Thank you very much.

A BIG thank you to the reviewers, you all do excellent work, much appreciated.

Maybe it's just me but something seems special about this months challenge, all the entries are great and I'm sure voting will be difficult , to say the least.

@Graymalkin .... Wills .... Mr. Gray writes a marvelous tale with a magical legacy. It puts me in mind of a tale from LOTR.

@chrispenycate .... Out of the autoclave, endlessly rocking .... Chris has favored us with one of his best poetical vocabulary builders this one points to a legacy we all share.

mosaix bequeaths an ironic tale of paradoxes, which illustrates the fact that the perfect crime is one that is never discovered.

Graymalkin bequeaths a surprising story, proving that one should not just the value of a gift by its size.

chrispenycate bequeaths an intricate poem that provides the reader with a unique point of view.

Vince W bequeaths a biting satire of advertising, demonstrating that what seems too good to be true usually isn't.

Joshua Jones bequeaths an epic fantasy in which a white elephant turns out to be a more valuable acquisition than intended.

Back