• Published a book you want to tell us about? Uploaded a YouTube video you want to share?

Normally you'll need 100 posts to self-promote, but with an upgraded membership you can do so with your first post.

Find out more here: Become a Supporting Member

October 2018 seventy-five word discussion thread

Karn's Return

P-A-R-A-K-E-E-T. Penguin!
Well, the lesson to be learned here is, don't submit an entry within the first five minutes of the thread being public knowledge, good sir.

Luiglin

by day Stuart Orford by night Dark Lord's scribe
Talking of November's thread, a word to the wise...
READ THE FIRST POST!!
Yes, I know we always say that, but​
SERIOUSLY.
DON'T TRY AND POST YOUR STORY WITHOUT READING THE FIRST POST AND/OR THE DISCUSSION THREAD FIRST.
That's me disqualified then. I work in IT, we don't read manuals - more a mix of a holistic approach and suck it and see.

paranoid marvin

Run VT Erroll!
Talking of November's thread, a word to the wise...
READ THE FIRST POST!!
Yes, I know we always say that, but​
SERIOUSLY.
DON'T TRY AND POST YOUR STORY WITHOUT READING THE FIRST POST AND/OR THE DISCUSSION THREAD FIRST.

*ears prick up* Oooh, intruiging! Something a bit different this month? Perhaps all entries have to be in the form of a poem? *crosses fingers*

dannymcg

I once made a guy put a new server back in all its boxes, then read the READ THIS FIRST documentation, then unpack the server again. A most enjoyable experience.
Martinet of the first order sirrah!
Undoubtedly he still mutters your name through clenched teeth every time he's opened a box since then.