DISCUSSION -- OCTOBER 2018 300-word Writing Challenge (#31)

The idea of books being harmed is just one we shall have to banish from our minds! It can not be accepted!
Would you feel better if you knew that the person who'll split the book is destined turn over a new leaf soon afterwards?

Well it looked like Victoria was surging ahead to victory with a 15-10 lead.

However, some more votes have appeared for DEO so we're now at 15-12.

The drama continues!

The tension is clearly becoming unbearable. If there's another tie, perhaps we could total the votes received by their respective voters. Or resolve things through group combat!
Silverwolves-v-Davidians to take place in a suitably dramatic setting such as Niagara falls or the carpark, M1 Newport Pagnell motorway services, to be shown live on Youtube. Not to involve death or injury mind, just scored through honest self assessment, mutual love and respect.

Brexit all over again

Since the negotiations have ended, maybe we could get Tusk to cast his eye over the stories and cast the deciding vote.

No seriously, he may have the desire to know his rulings make a real difference for a change.

Oh and this may be relavent - I'm starting a book.

3-1 the field etc.

Busy-busy weekend, just a few moments, now, to pop in. First, congratulations to Victoria and DEO for finishing tied for first! I really enjoyed both stories, and listed each, originally. By the narrowest little bit I preferred DEO's story, and voted accordingly. Best of luck, both, in the voting - we'll have a worthy champion either way.

Thank you kindly, @The Judge, for the vote (and nice words), and @Ursa major for the mention. Thanks again to all who voted for, or listed, my story. This was one of my favorites of my 15 or so entries in the 300 Worder, so I'm really pleased it appealed to so many people. :) Looking forward to January's Challenge, CC

right, so i missed the vote - i blame the cold that laid me low for the last 2 weeks, messing up my temporal awareness. but at least i get to vote in the tiebreak!

and thanks to @Eli Grey for the extra vote.

Whilst I enjoyed Victoria's Noncombatants the amusing deviousness of the Dastardly Dark Elves won me over.

Thanks to The Judge (and everyone else) for the mentions and votes

Back from some life issues and a new computer to find a little contention for the win.

So, congrats to both and immense thanks to Graymalkin for my vote and Shyrka for the honourable mention.

I've just noticed this typo on the tiebreaker poll
The poll will close at 11.59pm GMT on Wednesday, 20 November, 2018
Which calendar are we using? :unsure:

According to mine tomorrow, Tuesday, is the 20th and Wednesday is the 21st

I've already voted again, but others might not be so lucky o_O

The tie-breaker poll has now closed and we have a winner:

Congratulations, Victoria Silverwolf!

Congratulations Victoria!

Thank you all for reading my story. I do appreciate it. I tried to change the language a bit to see if it would add a little more flavor to the story. It read a little more irritated to me than my first draft. I'm not saying I like this version better so much as it worked better.

Thank you to all who listed me. That's what makes me feel good. That's what gives me the drive to keep writing.

Well, I'm not sure who's going to be here or not over the rest of the week, Thanksgiving holiday, so I'm going to say Happy Thanksgiving to all, enjoy, and always be safe.

Back