Stan & Ollie (2018)

Vince W

Towel Champion
Supporter
It looks great, but I'm not sure I want my memories of their films spoiled by a lot of 'facts' and 'truth'.

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
It looks great, but I'm not sure I want my memories of their films spoiled by a lot of 'facts' and 'truth'.
The actors look the parts, I think it would have been fun t have them do new adventures of Laurel and Hardy.:cool:

Last edited:

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Coogan is rather underrated as an actor.
I would still like to see them do some new Laurel and Hardy adventures , they have the look of the actors and no doubt they do the comedy early enough. :)

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Watched this last night and really enjoyed it - it seemed a little slow to start, but the tension nicely ramped up. In the end it was a wonderful tribute and well-told human story. Coogan and Reilly did a fantastic job portraying them. It was also good to see the wives play a prominent role as a counterfoil. Definitely recommended.

Finch

Watched this last night and really enjoyed it - it seemed a little slow to start, but the tension nicely ramped up. In the end it was a wonderful tribute and well-told human story. Coogan and Reilly did a fantastic job portraying them. It was also good to see the wives play a prominent role as a counterfoil. Definitely recommended.
I agree .
They filmed were Hardy had his hart-attack in the actual place on Worthing sea front.. It was originally an outdoor swimming pool . It is now a children arcade . Watching old films it easy to forget the actors are real people with the same problems as the rest of us.