Suggestions for classic car for epic road trip to Hell

The Bluestocking

Bloody Mary in Blue
My little kitsune and her water elemental sidekick have hijacked the former's big brother's classic car to take a road trip to Lucifer's Hell.

Any classic car enthusiasts here? Can anyone suggest a classic car that would be the darling of a car aficionado/collector and a cool ride on the Highway to Hell?

(No '67 Chevy Impala please - TV's Supernatural already has dibs on that one)

1969 Dodge Super Bee, 440+6, w/ornamental side-scoops.

The hood from the factory was an all flat black lift off, 4-pin hold down, fiberglass hood with a massive scoop and Ramcharger-air induction. Have as was common wider tires one the rear (the original wheel wells and axle offset allowed for massively wide tires in the rear that remained under the quarter-panels). Aftermarket Hooker Headers, Cherry Bomb Glass Packs, not much else is needed unless you wished for aftermarket nitrous.

Dark green with a black interior was the most popular color, now-a-days however it would be orange with the same interior.

mopp-1105-01-o-1969-dodge-coronet-super-bee-hardtop-front.jpg

8796091mopp_1105_06_o%25252B1969_dodge_coronet_super_bee_hardtop%25252Bpassenger_side_rear_quarter_panel.jpg

K2

UK or US market?

Doesn't particularly matter - my characters are in the Afterlife so it's a moot point other than being a cool car.

Though an additional stipulation would be that it should be both cool and elegant given that its owner is Death's half-kitsune High Butler who has a fine and discerning eye and a taste for a smooth ride.

I'm guessing that this needs to be relatable for the reader so I would go for a 1968 Shelby gt500.

Cool, discerning and raw enough to be in keeping with the highway to hell imo.

1965 Shelby Cobra with the quad side pipes.

I feel a picture would do more justice to these classics but I'm stuck on a train on my phone. Not going to happen. Please Google... (other search engines are available).

1965 Shelby Cobra with the quad side pipes.

I feel a picture would do more justice to these classics but I'm stuck on a train on my phone. Not going to happen. Please Google... (other search engines are available).

Ooooh! This looks very sporty! Also looks a teeny tiny bit like @HareBrain 's suggested 1959 Austin Healey 'Frogeye' Sprite... though not as evil-ish in a cute way...

I may have to leave the forum. You can't compare an Austin Healey sprite with a Shelby cobra. You just can't! :X3:

Um... well this is why I'm asking Chronners about classic cars - I'm not a car aficionado but I know my two little characters are in a cool classic car :giggle:

The Shelby Cobra does look like something Mrs Peel from THE AVENGERS would drive...

Not a classic, but A Lambo Diablo is motif-/theme relevant :LOL:.

Ha ha, they're basically the same.

Once, when I was driving a friend in my VW Beetle, I caught her waving at ... 2CVs.
Forgive me if my history is wrong but I don't recall the Austin Healey winning le mans...:giggle:

Classic beetle error, we're you horrified?