Suggestions for classic car for epic road trip to Hell

87 Buick GNX
Lord Vader's ride.
Sorry, I can't find a way to attach a link or pic with my cell. All black entry level luxury car with turbo and performance suspension that ate Corvettes for a snack.

Oh yeah, it also is large enough to seat five and can fit a sports car in the trunk.

I have decided that my two little adventurers will be hijacking my little kitsune's big brother's precious 1965 Corvette Stingray (with hard top). Possibly fire engine red, canary yellow, or electric blue. It won't be too huge for them to drive and maneuver - perfect for gunning it and driving like a maniac during a demented high-speed car chase that's going to happen at some point.

And for conveying a flock of terrorist chickens.

*Imagines @HareBrain doing a victory dance*

This should send my little kitsune's big brother into a proper on-the-warpath type rage, especially since the Highway to Hell ain't none-too-kind to any vehicles.

Also, there's something altogether very odd about the car itself that the two of them won't find out until they are on the road...

CC @millymollymo @Juliana @allmywires

Last edited:
To be honest, for an epic road trip to Hell, I'd say you should go with classic American muscle, but that might not be taken so well necessarily here...I don't know there. I'd say a Challenger, maybe a bit customized for some more...rugged conditions.

Three choices IMHO:

Willis Jeep

Mk1 Landrover

V12 E-type Jaguar - if classic sportscar is required

87 Buick GNX
Lord Vader's ride.
Sorry, I can't find a way to attach a link or pic with my cell. All black entry level luxury car with turbo and performance suspension that ate Corvettes for a snack.

Oh yeah, it also is large enough to seat five and can fit a sports car in the trunk.
There you go, Wiglaf:

facebook-linked_image___1987buickgrandnational.jpg

You could always lull them into a false sense of security... The Fiat Jolly, possibly the best named car ever:

200795_Front_3-4_Web.png

Or maybe the Fiat Gamine... you can't drive it unless you've got Big Ears:

Gamine-1-1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
Mark 10 Jaguar - where the 1960s East End villains tooled about in the Mk II Saloon (Inspector Morse), this was what their boss would be in. 3.8L and 4.2L versions, 120-odd top speed, but the selling point is the 2 ton kerb weight. At speed, you'll simply brush any modern vehicle aside...
40_282_02.jpg