Creatspace to Kindle

Cathbad

Level 30 Geek Master
Everyone switched over, yet?

I was pleasantly surprised how smoothly the switch went for me (56 titles moved).

I only just got an email about this today, so it's the first I heard about it.

Do you know what the deal is if I can't be arsed to transfer?

It seems Createspace will be closing down to new publishings. All ebook and paperback creation/publishing/sales will go through the Kindle site.

I'm not sure what they'll do with those that don't transfer, but I'd imagine, at some point, those untransfered paperbacks will cease to exist.

At least the transfer is not difficult to manage.

I'm not sure what they'll do with those that don't transfer, but I'd imagine, at some point, those untransfered paperbacks will cease to exist.
Many thanks. Makes sense.
I guess I'm just resistant to doing anything that others tell me I must do unless I absolutely have to.
Given your experience, it sounds as if even I can manage it easily enough.

And It was very very easy, even for me. I’d expected all kinds of re-registration hassles.

I was asked to do it a few weeks ago, but then I was stupid enough to volunteer to be part of a guinea pig group (old idiom for beta testing things out group). What I'm basically saying is that Amazon nowadays beta-test such processes before going world-wide. Hope this reassures others.

I believe they're supposed to transfer the books automatically for everyone who doesn't do it manually. What I don't know is what will happen if you use a different email for your KDP and Createspace accounts: when I transferred mine, it asked me for the KDP email so it could link the two accounts, but if it's done automatically, it may just create a new KDP account for the Createspace email if they're not the same?

Edit: only problem I had with mine was some ebooks and paperbacks didn't link automatically even though they were linked before the transfer. But that didn't take long to fix.

Last edited: