Villeneuve's Dune: Part One (2019)

I thought the song fit very well with the tone. Overall: I'm very excited but still prepared for potential disappointment

Looks great and I will definitely go and see it at the pictures.

I'm not sure how I feel about watching the first half, waiting two years before I see the second.

It's not proper Dune without Sting in space pants! (I have to say that I thought that Sting was really good as Feyd-Rautha. Not quite as the book depicted him, but a solid villain.)

Purely on the basis of this trailer and some publicity shots, it feels a bit toned-down for me and not crazy enough. But we'll see. I think (and correct me if I'm wrong) that the song is a Pink Floyd song. Perhaps it's a nod to the fact that Pink Floyd were going to do the music for Jodorowsky's attempt to make Dune in the 1970s.

I got a YA vibe from it and the dreadful song didn’t help. I liked the sandworm but until I see Sting topless I’m a bit meh :D

pH
Well Paul Atreides is, if you fly by the book, supposed to be 15 when he leaves for Arrakis at the start, and although this version's Paul was about the same age as Kyle Machlanlan was when he was filmed (25) he doesn't give off a creepy uncle vibe.

Songs are personal and I think I like it - sounds strangely epic - will need repeat listening of it all. Depends how fondly you remember the Toto/Brian Eno soundtrack which I feel it needs to compete with and be different from.

Ginger Sting in flying shorts. Nah, terrrible. But a great meme for the ages.

I recognized the song as Pink Floyd. Its a mellow, droning on piece of sound, not what I would expect for a movie like Dune. The rest of the sounds, aside from the whispering, drowned it out pretty good.

Perhaps the soundtrack has yet to be completed and the Floyd track is a filler.

I'm hopeful... it looks gritty. All the actors are from DC/Marvel films, so they're... experienced.... Rebecca ferguson made mission impossible films very watchable. We gotta have some good things this year, my fingers are crossed!

Perhaps the soundtrack has yet to be completed and the Floyd track is a filler.
Might be the 'pop' song they play at the end credits?

Which reminds me of the dreadful cocktail bar theme they used for the end credits for Dune '84. :sick:

I saw on my dumb phone what appears to be another trailer for Dune, that looked more exciting but the ads were so thick that I gave up waiting for it to come on Because of 5g I am new to a phone that does a million more things than just text and voice. The fact that I have to wait for a certain amount of time before I can turn the ad off as indicated by a countdown timer only prompts me to X the whole thing out.

The films premiere is being pushed back to October 2021.:confused:

Last edited: