Villeneuve's Dune: Part One (2019)

Yep. I will definitely go and see this at the cinema. I adored Blade Runner 2049.

Ive Been reading a bit more about the proposed films and seen pictures of the actors cast. They might just pull it off and give us a good film.

I don't know how to search this thread....
Did anyone note that principal photography had finished on the first half of Dune , what about 2 months ago now?
Villeneuve had said , somewhere, that there would be, by contract, two Dune films to tell the story.
So this is a puzzle.
What if the 1st half of Villeneuve's Dune is great, best adaptation ever done, but flops at the box office?
Does that mean Legendary does not produce the 2nd half?

They owe us two films, if they don't we'll send the boys round!
Man! December 2020 is a long way off for a release date... it better make a bundle because it's gonna cost a lot to restart production in 2021.

I don't know how to search this thread....
Did anyone note that principal photography had finished on the first half of Dune , what about 2 months ago now?
Villeneuve had said , somewhere, that there would be, by contract, two Dune films to tell the story.
So this is a puzzle.
What if the 1st half of Villeneuve's Dune is great, best adaptation ever done, but flops at the box office?
Does that mean Legendary does not produce the 2nd half?
I don't know where I saw it but Villeneuve only agreed to do the film if Legendary committed to both films regardless of the box office takings of the first.

I'd heard they'd finished filming, but I keep hoping they'll see sense and refilm any Duncan Idaho scenes with a new actor. Momoa is :poop:. Aqua(Awful)man confirmed this.