NYC Midnight Flash Fiction 2018

sinister42

A sinister writer.
Supporter
Can't remember who else is doing this - I think @TheDustyZebra is but who else? How did you do in Round 1? I got 10th place, so 6 points. Round 2 is this weekend!

Eighth place this time, for eight points! Woohoo!

I'm so geared up for round two -- too bad it will undoubtedly be a type of story I have no idea what to do with.

Of course it will. I'll get "surrealistic religious ode, a rubber camembert dog chew toy, and three inches to the left of the Statue of Liberty's left nipple."

I have Horror / Farmers' market / Disinfecting wipes. I went to bed with one idea and woke up with three more, so I'm feeling good about this one. Except which story to write and/or use.

And submitted. I actually think this one's pretty good.

Eighth again, total of 16 points and out on the tiebreaker rule, which is actually a better showing than 16 would have been in most rounds.

I'm sorry I haven't posted in the NYC threads, but I sometimes feel foolish that I've entered a few of these seeing them as giant Writing Challenges (like our own), rather than as an opportunity to develop as a writer. I just like writing competitions! :)

Congrats to everyone here for their positive results in each round - I wish we were all writing this weekend (and the vast majority of entrants scored well below what we've achieved). I received eight points in the first round, and 10 in the second, and also missed going through by one point. Maybe we'll all be back for the 3,000 Worder...is it February?

edit - my writing has improved greatly as a result of four+ years of entering our own Challenges.

Last edited: