AI to take over creative writing

The future:
v98eI.jpg

Pretty much. There'll be little reason to physically move your body on Earth in a few decades. We'll only need to do that to go to places which are so far away that light travel time makes VR interaction impossible (e.g. anything much above low orbit).

And, if we've cured old age by that point, few people are going to want to risk taking their body somewhere dangerous, when they could keep it safely at home.

But, yeah, this is kind of getting off-topic for the thread, I guess :).

And, if we've cured old age by that point, few people are going to want to risk taking their body somewhere dangerous, when they could keep it safely at home.
Seriously off-topic now, but exercise is vitally important for good health. If it isn't already, this is becoming more obviously with every day that passes. A recent WHO report said three-quarters of the world's population don't get enough exercise. Lack of exercise is responsible, at least in part, for the most common causes of death today. So, I don't think sitting still in one place is an option at all. When we explore space on long journeys in zero G we will need to find some solution to this - maybe even a GM solution. Ditto for extremely long-lived persons.

The AI assisted story ending sounds like it could end up mimicking TV scripts written to fit the time constraints, available actors in the show, and what gives the highest ratings.

Getting back to the body, manual operation of the body is required. The movement of the body can help stimulate the mind and the movement of the body helps to physically pump fluids around the body. Less movement is less pumping is less healthy.

The VR can't exercise your body but it does provide a view that keeps you occupied while riding a stationary bicycle or imagining you are working out in the middle of Times Square watching everything go by. The view supposedly promotes your desire to exercise. The views are rented on an hourly basis which might prompt you to get your money's worth. If you have a big enough TV screen you don't need the VR to imagine you are there.

Couple the AI story writing to AI for a complete package an we're on our way to Total Recall.

I guess you could have the option of running on a treadmill with a pack of zombies chasing you, that might make the exercise more vigorous if you saw fellow runners getting taken away by zombies. Make the rock climbing on the peg board cliff on the side of your house look like the real thing complete with thousand foot drop.

Once it gets less awkward to use VR, you could go to a big empty room with ramps and platforms and go anywhere with the actual movement of your body moving through 3 dimensional space. The new arenas will be completely empty buildings. A mall with nothing in it. You are walking around with other people in an empty building going to a different place every night. To offset the couch potato mode it could have an option like the carrot and the stick so the more you move around the better the VR experience feels. With money being the driving force, it's probably the more you pay the better it looks in the virtual world. 1960's Star Trek vs The Expanse. There was probably more on the old sets in those days than what is physically there now. I'd rather have the physical set to move through, where you could stub your toe for real.

Eventually it will get to the point where you can wear a form fitting suit filled with electrodes and sensors when you are sleeping that stimulates the muscles into acting like they are moving so you can exercise while sleeping.

The AI assisted story ending sounds like it could end up mimicking TV scripts written to fit the time constraints, available actors in the show, and what gives the highest ratings.

Getting back to the body, manual operation of the body is required. The movement of the body can help stimulate the mind and the movement of the body helps to physically pump fluids around the body. Less movement is less pumping is less healthy.

The VR can't exercise your body but it does provide a view that keeps you occupied while riding a stationary bicycle or imagining you are working out in the middle of Times Square watching everything go by. The view supposedly promotes your desire to exercise. The views are rented on an hourly basis which might prompt you to get your money's worth. If you have a big enough TV screen you don't need the VR to imagine you are there.

Couple the AI story writing to AI for a complete package an we're on our way to Total Recall.

I guess you could have the option of running on a treadmill with a pack of zombies chasing you, that might make the exercise more vigorous if you saw fellow runners getting taken away by zombies. Make the rock climbing on the peg board cliff on the side of your house look like the real thing complete with thousand foot drop.

Once it gets less awkward to use VR, you could go to a big empty room with ramps and platforms and go anywhere with the actual movement of your body moving through 3 dimensional space. The new arenas will be completely empty buildings. A mall with nothing in it. You are walking around with other people in an empty building going to a different place every night. To offset the couch potato mode it could have an option like the carrot and the stick so the more you move around the better the VR experience feels. With money being the driving force, it's probably the more you pay the better it looks in the virtual world. 1960's Star Trek vs The Expanse. There was probably more on the old sets in those days than what is physically there now. I'd rather have the physical set to move through, where you could stub your toe for real.

Eventually it will get to the point where you can wear a form fitting suit filled with electrodes and sensors when you are sleeping that stimulates the muscles into acting like they are moving so you can exercise while sleeping.

Wouldn't it be easier, and less expensive, and more fun, to go out and run in the park and just imagine there are zombies chasing you? (I hate indoor cardio.)

Wouldn't it be easier, and less expensive, and more fun, to go out and run in the park and just imagine there are zombies chasing you? (I hate indoor cardio.)
...or late at night, in the wintery rain, deep in a forest far from people. Your imagination runs wild then. :D

What I need is the view of a beautiful garden while I am weeding my garden that could look a whole lot better. Merging reality with fantasy on the same view. How long before AI can create a VR showing me the real weeds and at the same time show the empty areas filled with exotic wild plants and every plant I do have always in full bloom with big smiling insects walking around not eating anything. For good measure there could be some very small feathered dinosaurs running around between the plants.

The VR can't exercise your body but it does provide a view that keeps you occupied while riding a stationary bicycle or imagining you are working out in the middle of Times Square watching everything go by.

I have a bike hooked up to my PC with a VR headset, though I haven't used it too much since the developers hid the heart-rate monitor readout for some inexplicable reason.

However, future VR will go right into your brain, so there won't be any exercise involved once we get to that point.

I am not sure why are saying this, but you clearly haven't played Beat Saber of Gorn in VR.

As I understand it, the main benefit of exercise is that it triggers autophagy. Which we can do with drugs now, at least in animal studies.

For some people it also has another benefit when you get very old. The movements that your body goes through the previous day serves as templates for the movement you are doing in the present moment. If you spend all day in bed, you will be prompted to stay in bed the next day. If you were walking around the previous day, you would be be prompted to walk around. The gap between the memory of what you can do and what you did in the past shrinks as time goes on.

A very active VR experience provides a template for you to follow which I see can be very vigorous. I meant that the VR itself wasn't exercising the body. I have no idea if it is possible to exercise the muscles with electronic stimulation while you are sitting in a chair. All kinds of things happen while exercising based on the body moving around. An AI managed stimulation would be required to cover all the sequences and chemical changes the muscles go through when exercising.

With the VR you could see yourself moving around doing exercises while you are sitting there getting exercised. Get your exercise and listen to a book all while you're sleeping. Too bad you can't work while you're sleeping, or is that already being done.

Perfect

Asteroid Fever

Just tried my word counting program on your book.

The input file is: /RZ.asteroid-fever.txt with 647491 characters.
It uses 109 SF words 796 times for an SF density of 1.230

18 Fantasy words used 155 times for a Fantasy density of 0.240

Just tried my word counting program on your book.

That's true, I favor imagination based on science and science over fantasy. Would the tag be science fiction fantasy or fantasy science fiction?

Just ran across an article, can't remember where I saw it, I believe it was about a writer using a writing program that was helping with the descriptions. Dial a genre. Should have bookmarked it.

I look forward to the day when a.i. software writes sf psikeyhackr's analyser approves.

I look forward to the day when a.i. software writes sf psikeyhackr's analyser approves.

My program neither approves nor disapproves. It merely provides data to potential readers that reviewers do not. SFF readers are so biased. :cry::cry:

It's probably inevitable. And, frankly, for the end user its going to be better.

One day, assuming that technology doesn't hit a brick wall, it'll be a real-time thing... and not just with written text. I was having a conversation with a friend the other day about the possibility of films being created on demand from a powerful AI. You could watch Breaking Bad for the first time and really like the characters, and when it ends ask for a series from the same starting point but instead of Walter having cancer, he doesn't, or his kid gets it or whatever, just to watch it play out. Or, you could replace Jessie Pinkman with Luke Skywalker (provided the people who own these IP's aren't so callous as to not let people use them.) Or you could give Neo a drug problem, Or put Gandalf in Harry Potter. Really the possibilities are endless.

I think that is better than what we have now, where brilliant authors and movie makers have the gall to only produce media as fast as any other human can.

The only people who are going to suffer in this world are the creators who want to write a book properly. We won't be able to compete with an AI that knows us better than we know ourselves and can give us bespoke media that will fulfil our every wish.

But, on the flip side, we all become creators, maybe we'll have the imagination to use this tech to create on levels that were not possible before. More than likely though, it'll be a little like meme culture where people with very little effort produce movies and share them and the silliest or most faddish ideas will win out. Probably going to see some serious movies where there main character has been replaced with a dickbutt.