My experience self-publishing for the first time.

Hi, again, the results of the latest Amazon promo are in.
Two ebooks, epsiodes 2 and 3, were on free download for New Year's Eve - with book 1 available as a free download via the ad2045.com website. Never find the 'sales' on these days are huge but, compared to normal days, they are definite boosts.
Both the free ebooks on offer had around 8 downloads each; Guardian top 10 here I come - not ;). What I found interesting was 3 or 4 customers who downloaded both the free ebooks also paid the £0.99 to download the first book from Amazon too - rather than downloading it for free from the website. Whether that is because the process was more convenient or they were being kind I don't know but always grateful for any support.
Hope someone finds this helpful. All the best, everyone.

"Literature®" has won the 2019 IPPY Award for Best eBook in the Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror category.

Apart from (obviously) wanting to brag about it, one more heartfelt thanks to those here who were really supportive and encouraging in the early stages of publication.

Fantastic!! Congratulations!
Thanks Cathbad. If I'm honest I found the whole process of publication quite gruelling, so to get this news some months after I left the project behind is...whatever the opposite of a kick in the teeth is.

Great news! How are you planning to capitalise on this? I hope there's a significant uptick in sales anyway, and that it gets a barrel full of new readers -- it deserves to.

Great news! How are you planning to capitalise on this? I hope there's a significant uptick in sales anyway, and that it gets a barrel full of new readers -- it deserves to.

No idea on capitalising. I'm doing my limited social media thing. Not doing any paid promotions for the time being—we're house hunting and any money we don't spend on soup needs to go on that.

So I'm not in any position to spend money on marketing or promotion at the moment and although I may kick myself for that at some point in the future, I have to say that right now it suits me fine. All that stuff really took it out of me last year, I was pretty frazzled.

So for now I'm just pleased about the recogniton and enjoying a feeling of vindication. If Hollywood calls I'll cross that bridge when I come to it ;)

Congrats :)

Maybe you should add (in bold) the award in the book's description?

Ah, I didn't think to check, sorry.

i've started an author facebook page and if anyone can 'like' it i'd be very grateful. it's only just started and i'm learning as i go, but i'll be doing my best to make it engaging...or pretty, at least...

Guillermo Stitch

Back