What Are Your Favorite Cartoons , Cartoon Characters and Animated TV Series ?

Wow, this thread brought back a lot of memories! Lol. Let's see some old favorites include: Talespin, Dogtanion and the Muskyhounds, Victor & Hugo, Dastardly and Muttley in Their Flying Machine, Thundercats, Transformers, Biker Mice from Mars (corny yes, but funny!), Sharky & George, Pinky and the Brain, Loony Toons, Tiny Toons, Roadrovers, Count Duckula, Duck Dodgers and the Return of the 24 1/2 Century, and I could probably add many more if I kept thinking back on what I used to watch.

I'm a cartoonaholic, so I could easily have 100 answers to this question. If I had to narrow it down, I'd say Looney Tunes, Pinky and the Brain (I own every season of it), Animaniacs, and Tiny Toon Adventures (which is why I have Gogo Dodo as my avatar).

I grew up watching Fairly Odd Parents, definitely a great show. I also caught the Simpsons in their hayday, and futurama when it originally aired.
Rick and Morty is my favourite modern toon.
Stuff like family guy and American dad is okay. I'm a defender of Seth Mcfarlane's animated work. I know it's not to everyone's taste, and there are a lot of weak jokes/episodes.
Just started watching Disenchanted. I'll finish the series for sure, it's entertaining enough.

Rick and Morty is the best thing happened since South Park in my opinion and I love all the characters, but mostly Morty I guess. He has my sympathies. And it's back! 4th season premier was really good. And it seems something bigger is happening, but what?

I love Final Space, my favourite is Mooncake, but it makes me sad and melancholic. I have no idea why.

I love Luci and Elfo the most in Disenchantment. Love the series.

I should watch more animated shows, I just realised.

I just watched R&M, very much funny!

I also enjoy Final Space & Disenchantment.

I watch so much anime, I cannot keep track of it. Just started re-re-re-.... watching The Twilight Zone, so there will be less anime for a while.

A quick word about" Casper, the maybe not so friendly ghost. "
Every episode starts the same, Sad Casper with no friends. Then he acts real nice to the innocent living and by the end he has what appears to be lifelong friends and everything is great.
Forward to next episode and He's Alone Again!
My question; What does he do to those people between episodes?
just wondering.

ps: Popeye, Olive Oil and Sweet Pea; Really her nephew or Secret Love Child.
just wondering.

I saw a Casper cartoon in which he made friends with an animal. Along came the meanies and killed it. Casper is sad, until its ghost appears. o_O What were they trying to say with these cartoons?

There were two T&J cartoons that I recall, which ran during the day on Cartoon Network. In the one, Tom is sleeping a bit too close to the fireplace and has a nightmare, in which he is a the gate of cat Heaven. He is standing in line, behind a wet burlap sack, that rolls forward, and several kittens pop out. The St. Peter cat comments something about what some people will do. Tsk, tsk. One another one, a similar incident when Jerry finds a puppy, also emerging from a sack that was tossed into the river. Not appropriate for kids, even though they are unlikely to realize the deal there.

A quick word about" Casper, the maybe not so friendly ghost. "
Every episode starts the same, Sad Casper with no friends. Then he acts real nice to the innocent living and by the end he has what appears to be lifelong friends and everything is great.
Forward to next episode and He's Alone Again!
My question; What does he do to those people between episodes?
just wondering.

ps: Popeye, Olive Oil and Sweet Pea; Really her nephew or Secret Love Child.
just wondering.

Casper which was produced by Havey Toons pretty much used the same Casper in search of friends story in the vast majority of the shorts .It gets pretty monotonous after you seen a few of them.,

The storyline on Sweet Pea is that Popeye found him abandon on his doorstep.

late 1960s' there was an animated spoof tv show Cool McCool. The show was created by Batman creator Bob Kane and All Brodax who did the Popeye cartoon in the 1960's. Cool McCool is a bumbling trench coat wearing super cop armed with all kinds fancy James Bond inspired gadgets and weapons to help him battle super criminals who are Batman weird and just as inept at villainy as he is at law enforcement . McCool's motto " Danger is my Business". which he utters just before he has embarks on one of his. law enforcement misadventures. You never see Boss's face because the boss of never gets up from his desk leaves his big armchair both of which are alway that's alway facing McCool when he speaks to him. The only thing you see of his boss you see are one his arm and usually it has aa lit Cigar an be animatedly moving up and down while he speak. Occasionally, the show would do throwback short involving McCool's Father who was a bumbling Keystone Cop. You can find it on Youtube and I think its out on dvd. Its a fun a funny show. :D

Last edited:
I have a bit of a soft spot for The Flintstones . In many places that show was hilariously funny. :)

Apparently it was the first TV show to have a man and woman in bed together.

Well, assuming that, as in 'challenges', I can't vote for anything for anything I've worked on (even if you do see each episode fifty times, you get attached to details no mere spectator will notice) I'll go for Tex Avery and Droopy ("You know what, I'm the hero). Or, to be less out of date, Aardman's Gromit.

Droopy! Also, Oscar's Oasis, no dialogue to worry about, 'tho the Fennec Fox does yell 'Hey!' every now and then.

The original Johnny Quest. That is by far the best animated tv series Hanna Barbara ever did. The animation was terrific and so was the writing. Even today, this series holds up pretty well. :cool:(y)

Filmation Studios did some really terrific tv shows and animated and live action. And by far the best they ever did was the animated Flash Gordon. they used Rotoscope animation which was not an inexpensive process and it looked spectacular. This Flash Gordon series was set the 1930 early 1940's like the original, had a cool retro look and it was serial chapter story telling like the original live action serial , but in terms of writing and story telling , it was so music better. Even today this series looks great. :cool: (y)