What Are Your Favorite Cartoons , Cartoon Characters and Animated TV Series ?

I remember that when the Flintstones was announced it sounded intriguing , when it appeared with its juvenile broad humor I was sore disappointed.
However , in 1960, I discovered The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends and that was a godsend!
I loved the puns and off the wall humor.
I thought the best part of those show was Fractured Fairy Tales narrated by Edward Everett Horton. These were really Monty Python-ish , I loved how they took some of the weird fairy tales were taken to logical conclusions in contra-balance to their wacko old-European content.
"Why do frogs have no tales .
Because they croak every night."

Loved the squirrel and the moose. Also Boris and Natasha, they of the thinly disguised Russian provenance. I seem to recall that Dudley Do-Right was featured as well. My favorite episode was the time a robot was made to look like him, but could only say"Hello Nell!" repeatedly.

The black and white Popeye cartoons with his muttering and details. The original Daffy Duck before he became fit and trim. Modern cartoons, Courage The Cowardly Dog was old time back to basics funny, and Rocko Modern Life. Oggy and the Cockroaches didn't have dialog and didn't need it.

Loved the squirrel and the moose. Also Boris and Natasha, they of the thinly disguised Russian provenance. I seem to recall that Dudley Do-Right was featured as well. My favorite episode was the time a robot was made to look like him, but could only say"Hello Nell!" repeatedly.

I loved Rocky and Bullwinkle. My favorite bit., Mr Know it all .:D

The black and white Popeye cartoons with his muttering and details. The original Daffy Duck before he became fit and trim. Modern cartoons, Courage The Cowardly Dog was old time back to basics funny, and Rocko Modern Life. Oggy and the Cockroaches didn't have dialog and didn't need it.

Agreed .:cool:(y)

A couple of out-in-the-tail-of-the-distribution, Duckman and Ren and Stimpy

Duckman.jpg
RenAndStimpy-CrewJacket-CelArt-RS-00283.jpg

I remember that when the Flintstones was announced it sounded intriguing , when it appeared with its juvenile broad humor I was sore disappointed.
However , in 1960, I discovered The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends and that was a godsend!
I loved the puns and off the wall humor.
I thought the best part of those show was Fractured Fairy Tales narrated by Edward Everett Horton. These were really Monty Python-ish , I loved how they took some of the weird fairy tales were taken to logical conclusions in contra-balance to their wacko old-European content.
"Why do frogs have no tales .
Because they croak every night."

View attachment 47121
I watched the entire R & B series on NF. The humor was aimed at adults, while the goofy characters were to please kids. Same thing with George of the Jungle. Same guys made it. Made me a fan of Paul Frees, who did many of the voices, including Boris B., Poppin Fresh, & too many others to even begin naming them. :ROFLMAO:

It also had me searching for old films with Edward E. Horten in them. He always played a mild-mannered type.

One of those WB cartoons, featured a bunch of Hollywood celebrities, including Humphrey Bogart, who ordered a Fried rabbit or some such dish, which had Elmer Fudd sweating bullets to avoid being filled with them, trying to catch Bugs Bunny. This one, likewise had me delighted every time I saw one of the celebs in an old film.

http://cartoonresearch.com/ helped me find that cartoon, though I have since forgotten its title. Prime has the WB cartoons segregated by 'actor' Most of them are for Bugs. I remember a Speedy Gonzales & Roadrunner Vs. Coyote & Sylvester combo.

Far too many references to Of Mice & Men to count!

So now, I am re-watching Fairy Tail, which currently is running a final season. I guess anime is my favorite; though I just started Southpark (on HULU).

BLACK CLOVER, MY HERO ACADEMIA, & FEW OTHERS on Crunchyroll. Sadly, these two are relatively new, & have few episodes.

I did watch s1 of Disenchanted, enjoyed it very much; eagerly awaiting season 2. Just watched s1 of Paradise PD; much like Brickleberry, which I also binged. Made by same guys, has some of the same voices. Just started F is for Family (and other words, also; one 4 letter word is the dad's favorite). Bojack Horseman is not my favorite, though I do watch it.

WB cartoons, featured a bunch of Hollywood celebrities, including Humphrey Bogart, who ordered a Fried rabbit or some such dish, which had Elmer Fudd sweating bullets to avoid being filled with them, trying to catch Bugs Bunny.

From Wiki: Slick Hare is a 1947 Merrie Melodies Bugs Bunny cartoon, directed by Friz Freleng. It parodies the Mocambo nightclub in Los Angeles—in the cartoon referred to as "The Mocrumbo"

I like the old cartoons because of the effort put into making them. The early black and white is usually crazy in at least one dimension. Disney's Silly Symphonies in black and white or color are good cartoons. The Band Concert was one of many comical ones always watchable. I'll also still watch The Old Mill if I run across it. At some point the dialog started getting complex. Many of those I watched when they first appeared but don't rewatch all them. Stuff like Bulwinkle-Rocko-Cowardly Dog I still watch, stuff like Butthead and Stimpy, seen it once, I don't.

Another Thundercats fan here. It was my favourite cartoon when I was a kid.

Later, with my own kids, some of my faves were Ben 10 (original series and Alien Force), Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, which was brilliant, and Gravity Falls.

Of recent shows, I loved Star Wars: Rebels (so sad it's over!), and I've been watching Voltron, The Dragon Prince (which is adorable), and the She-Ra reboot (very enjoyable; I wasn't a fan of the original). Oh, and season 1 of Castlevania was fun, but I haven't gotten around to watching S2 yet...

I did watch s1 of Disenchanted, enjoyed it very much; eagerly awaiting season 2.

Yeah, this was fun, too. The whole family got into it.

For a while , back when MTV was interesting there was Liquid TV, I loved it!

Thunder the Barbarian , early 1980's post apocalyptic series . Back story in 1994 a runaway planet hurtles between the earth an the moon and bring civilization crashing down. The art 2000 a world of super science and sorcery in which power wears ensalve everyone else and also race human an otherwise . Thunder a Barbarian a slave escape bondage and vows to bring down the evil wizards , helping him is quest it Prices Arial a sorceress and Ukla the mock. This was a terrific tv show.

Cartoons, oh wow, what memories! I have to start with the early Poppye cartoon. The animation was fantastic, but didn't really appreciate them until I got older when I could hear some of Poppye's mutterings, see the humor of Poppye and Bluto fighting over the stick figure Olive Oyl. Didn't like them when they came out with new ones in the 60s. Way too tame and bland.

Then there were Sniffles the Mouse with the book worm. "What are you doing Mr. Owl? Are you going to eat me, Mr. Owl?

Then there were the Road Runner and Wiley E. Coyote (that poor Coyote, but man he was tough always getting up after being flatten by an iron or boulder), Bugs Bunny, Porkey Pig, Fog Horn Leg Horn "Get up boy! Always running off at the mouth that's your problem, boy. What's wrong with ya boy? Stand up!" and Daffy Duck. I especially liked Daffy as Sherlock Holmes and Duck Rodgers with Porkey Pig as his side Kick. Mel Blanc gets a lot credit for giving these characters character.

I can't forget Rock and Bullwinkle, Mr. Peabody and his pet boy Sherman, and the Fractured Fairy Tales bad animation, but funny. I think the Fractured Fairy Tales were to me (and my twisted sense of humor) a refreshing change after growing up on sugar coated fairy stories.

Speaking of bad animation how can we forget Roger Ramjet? Again a very funny cartoon.

I also enjoyed the Flintstones and the Jetsons. I think it's funny that George Jetson was an overworked button pusher and had to contend with that dishonest robot whose name I can't recall.

I don't know about you, but cartoons had an influence on me. When I was working at the Boys and Girls Club I would talk to the kids using Yogi Bear's and Boo Boo's voices. The kids loved it.

The other cartoons I enjoyed (though not funny) were the Herculoids and the Space Ghost. I always thought it was a shame that parent-teacher groups pressured the networks into canceling them in favor of more wholesome stuff. Wholesome stuff that makes my stomach turn like He-Man. He-Man was too goody goody and preachy for my taste and I'm a Christian. Maybe I'm not a good Christian.

Thanks for starting this thread. It was fun going down Loony Tunes Lane.

Wow, where to start...

Classics include Looney Toons, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Popeye, and the like. More modern were Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Animaniacs, and Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles. Anime included the Gundam series, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo, and others.

Speaking of Liquid TV , that show, spawned Aeon Flux. In it's enaminic whacked-out format it was intriguing. The movie version sought to provide a coherent story which was a mistake.

flux.jpg

Speaking of Liquid TV , that show, spawned Aeon Flux. In it's enaminic whacked-out format it was intriguing. The movie version sought to provide a coherent story which was a mistake.

View attachment 48494

I loved the animated series , the creator Peter Chung went on to do an Phantom 2084 which lasted a season. Ive seen the live action film, First of, f Charlize Theron while she is a good actress, was the wrong choice for the role . The story was lousy and the film looked nothing like the series. No small wonder that the film sank at the box office.