What Are Your Favorite Cartoons , Cartoon Characters and Animated TV Series ?

I got loads of faves and one faintly remembered mystery....
In Huckleberry Hound or Deputy Dawg or similar this character sometimes appears, often on Wanted posters - Powerful Pierre.
Anyone know which cartoon he's from?

I got loads of faves and one faintly remembered mystery....
In Huckleberry Hound or Deputy Dawg or similar this character sometimes appears, often on Wanted posters - Powerful Pierre.
Anyone know which cartoon he's from?

If memory serves me , Powerful Pierre appeared on Huckleberry Hound .

Pinky and the Brain was good. Also Earthworm Jim, at the time anyway. At its best (seasons 2-8?), The Simpsons has never been bettered, IMO.

Yeah, the old WB cartoons were the very best. Tom and Jerry, Roadrunner, Marvin The Martian and Bugs Bunny were my absolute favourites.

I love Pinky and the Brain. Yes. That’s my favourite.

Pinky and the Brain . That show was wonderfully off the wall . :lol:

Last edited:
Henry Mancini was a great composer/ writer . Pink Panther and the theme to Petter Gunn which was all used in The Blues Brothers . Great stuff .:cool:

Last edited:
I loved the first few series of Futurama were outstanding. The last few, not to great but entertaining enough.

Can I add Tron and The Last Starfighter here, too? Not cartoons, but the effects could be considered as animation. Good sci fi.

Rick and Morty!!! :D The new fourth season is outstanding! Like to watch during some breaks at work.

I remember that when the Flintstones was announced it sounded intriguing , when it appeared with its juvenile broad humor I was sore disappointed.
However , in 1960, I discovered The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends and that was a godsend!
I loved the puns and off the wall humor.
I thought the best part of those show was Fractured Fairy Tales narrated by Edward Everett Horton. These were really Monty Python-ish , I loved how they took some of the weird fairy tales were taken to logical conclusions in contra-balance to their wacko old-European content.
"Why do frogs have no tales .
Because they croak every night."

fractured.jpg

Childhood favourites included Fraggle Rock and Danger Mouse. Danger Mouse seems dated now, but I still love Fraggle Rock. I enjoyed The Raggy Dolls too, and the theme tune by Neil Innes is great.

Also some of the classics like Bugs Bunny, Pink Panther and Tom & Jerry.

Some episodes of Futurama, The Simpsons, American Dad and Family Guy are brilliant. I've watched a couple of Disenchantment trailers, but based on those it doesn't appeal to me.

I saw a cartoon aimed at very young children (I guess). I can't remember what it was called, but it had quite a few Game of Thrones references (including the music) and I enjoyed that.

If Wallace & Gromit can count as a TV series, it's unbeatable. I wasn't a big fan of the film, but the shorts are pretty much perfect. I also really enjoy Shaun the Sheep.

I love loads of cartoons but probably lean mostly towards anything Loony Tunes. I think Foghorn Leghorn is my all-time favourite character.

Fascinating fact - Loony Tunes (and Merrie Melodies) were so-called because they started life as a promotional feature for sheet music :)