What Are Your Favorite Cartoons , Cartoon Characters and Animated TV Series ?

dannymcg

The Mackerel of the Cornflake
I got loads of faves and one faintly remembered mystery....
In Huckleberry Hound or Deputy Dawg or similar this character sometimes appears, often on Wanted posters - Powerful Pierre.
Anyone know which cartoon he's from?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
I got loads of faves and one faintly remembered mystery....
In Huckleberry Hound or Deputy Dawg or similar this character sometimes appears, often on Wanted posters - Powerful Pierre.
Anyone know which cartoon he's from?
If memory serves me , Powerful Pierre appeared on Huckleberry Hound .

Harpo

Guess. Guess wrongly. Guess wrongly often.
Tom & Jerry, always & forever.

Of the modern stuff, I went through a Powerpuff Girls phase, and I really wish there were more episodes of The Big Knights.

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Yeah, the old WB cartoons were the very best. Tom and Jerry, Roadrunner, Marvin The Martian and Bugs Bunny were my absolute favourites.

I love Pinky and the Brain. Yes. That’s my favourite.

HareBrain

Smeerp of Wonder
Staff member
Supporter
Pinky and the Brain was good. Also Earthworm Jim, at the time anyway. At its best (seasons 2-8?), The Simpsons has never been bettered, IMO.

BAYLOR

Yeah, the old WB cartoons were the very best. Tom and Jerry, Roadrunner, Marvin The Martian and Bugs Bunny were my absolute favourites.

I love Pinky and the Brain. Yes. That’s my favourite.
Pinky and the Brain . That show was wonderfully off the wall . :lol:

Last edited:

picklematrix

Adventure Time is a really good series. Nice psychedelic, sword and planet type stuff.

BAYLOR

Henry Mancini was a great composer/ writer . Pink Panther and the theme to Petter Gunn which was all used in The Blues Brothers . Great stuff .:cool:

Last edited:

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
I loved the first few series of Futurama were outstanding. The last few, not to great but entertaining enough.

Can I add Tron and The Last Starfighter here, too? Not cartoons, but the effects could be considered as animation. Good sci fi.

frhudson

Rick and Morty!!! :D The new fourth season is outstanding! Like to watch during some breaks at work.

Al Jackson

I remember that when the Flintstones was announced it sounded intriguing , when it appeared with its juvenile broad humor I was sore disappointed.
However , in 1960, I discovered The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends and that was a godsend!
I loved the puns and off the wall humor.
I thought the best part of those show was Fractured Fairy Tales narrated by Edward Everett Horton. These were really Monty Python-ish , I loved how they took some of the weird fairy tales were taken to logical conclusions in contra-balance to their wacko old-European content.
"Why do frogs have no tales .
Because they croak every night."

fractured.jpg

AlexH

Childhood favourites included Fraggle Rock and Danger Mouse. Danger Mouse seems dated now, but I still love Fraggle Rock. I enjoyed The Raggy Dolls too, and the theme tune by Neil Innes is great.

Also some of the classics like Bugs Bunny, Pink Panther and Tom & Jerry.

Some episodes of Futurama, The Simpsons, American Dad and Family Guy are brilliant. I've watched a couple of Disenchantment trailers, but based on those it doesn't appeal to me.

I saw a cartoon aimed at very young children (I guess). I can't remember what it was called, but it had quite a few Game of Thrones references (including the music) and I enjoyed that.

If Wallace & Gromit can count as a TV series, it's unbeatable. I wasn't a big fan of the film, but the shorts are pretty much perfect. I also really enjoy Shaun the Sheep.

Foxbat

None The Wiser
Supporter
I love loads of cartoons but probably lean mostly towards anything Loony Tunes. I think Foghorn Leghorn is my all-time favourite character.

Fascinating fact - Loony Tunes (and Merrie Melodies) were so-called because they started life as a promotional feature for sheet music :)