Forgotten(?) Greats of Science Fiction

In the case of Seabury Quinn they are reprinting all 93 of his Jules De Grandin stories . Currently 3 volumes of his De Grandin stories have been re-issued with 2 more volumes on the horizon. Quinn was a contemporary of Robert E Howard, H P Lovecraft and Clark Ashton Smith. He's an excellent writer.

Last edited:
Not sure I'd go that far about Quinn. But besides Quinn, Night Shade Press is also putting out in trade pb the works of William Hope Hodgson, an author whose writing occasionally puts my teeth on edge, but whose imagination was extraordinarily fertile and vivid.

Hard to imagine Leigh Brackett as being "forgotten". She wrote a number of popular tales spanning decades and even collaborated with William Faulkner on the screenplay of the Bogey and Bacall opus "The Big Sleep".

Henry Kuttner
C L Moore

Husband and wife and both excellent writers. Modern auidicnes for most part, don't seem to remember them.

I am reading Frederick Pohl's The Way the Future Was. Interestingly, he discusses Mack Reynolds as being a source of social ideas being mentioned in science fiction. Reynolds kind of disappears from discussion of 60s SF, though I didn't encounter him until the 70s.

Not sure I'd go that far about Quinn. But besides Quinn, Night Shade Press is also putting out in trade pb the works of William Hope Hodgson, an author whose writing occasionally puts my teeth on edge, but whose imagination was extraordinarily fertile and vivid.

I found him to be an excellent writer and one that deserves to be remembered .:)

William Hope Hodgson ,much of what ive read by him , ive liked. It's unfortunate that he died in World war one at a combatively young age. Image what he might have written had he lived another 30 years.