What are Your Favorite films Made by American International Pictures?

John Agar's only claim to fame was that he was Shirley Temple's first husband.
He was not actually bad in small supporting roles , as long as they were small! He was in 3 John Ford movies ,Fort Apache, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon and Sands of Iwo Jima.
He took acting lessons but they never took!
He found his groove Revenge of the Creature (1955)…. after that is became the king of the Z film.

Funny thing was that Shirley Temple , who divorced him in 1950, never could shake the childhood movies. She was a good enough actress but quit film in 1950 , did do TV work for some years but was never given much in the way of roles.

The problem was that in that era most child actors tended to lose their popularity with audiences when they grew up In her case, it's unfortunate because she was a very good actress .

The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971) probably tops my list.

They made tons of movies, mostly bad, all fun to watch. Some things you can't unsee, like Corman's Last Woman on Earth (1960) where two grown men in a boat attack each other using fish as hand weapons. His Attack of the Crab Monsters (1957) has possibly the best monster of all time. Check the stats. He's a giant mutated crab, gang leader of other giant mutated crabs. He uses mind control on humans. He uses telepathy for nothing but pure trash talk. He's proficient in the strategic placement of dynamite. Deal with that, Ridley Scott!

Dr Phibes Rises Again was alos quite good and there were plans for a 3rd film in this sequence.

Creature From the Haunted Sea is terrible. I guess it was meant to be a comedy but it really sucked-especially an annoying character making animal imitations. The monster looks like Homer Simpson covered in seaweed though.

Creature From the Haunted Sea is terrible. I guess it was meant to be a comedy but it really sucked-especially an annoying character making animal imitations. The monster looks like Homer Simpson covered in seaweed though.

Creature From the Haunted Sea would have been a great name for a rock band .:D