Review: The Empyreus Proof by Bryan Wigmore

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
empyreus-proof.png

A pseudo-Victorian setting. A deep and mystical shamanism. And a wonderfully intricate plot.

Welcome to The Empyreus Proof.

The Goddess Project was an original and excellent book, but the sequel manages to be even better.

All the familiar characters are back - Orc and Cass, Tashi, Ranga... and quite a few others. If I have one minor complaint about this book is that there are a lot of new character names to get used to and quickly. However, the payoff is well worth it as the sheer intricacy of the plotting unfolds during the novel's progression.

This is a brilliant story well told, where even secrets have secrets, and nothing is ever as it first appears to be.

Everything I said about the first book applies here - but with bells on. The tension really begins to ramp up through the story as the overall series arc begins to become clear.

And, my goodness, what surprises there are to be had - hence why I can't reveal any story details.

Suffice to say, if you read and enjoyed The Goddess Project, you're going to like this book. And if you haven't tried anything by Bryan Wigmore yet, I can only advise you pick up The Goddess Project and take a look - this is a story with layers and meanings that may surprise you.

In the meantime, I'm very much looking forward to the next book. :)

The Empyreus Proof is available on Amazon UK and Amazon.com.

Has the third book been published, or are there still plans for it?
No it hasn't, and yes there are, but not for a few more years I'm afraid. For various reasons I diverted onto another series, which I aim to finish in its entirety, and then I'll get back to Fire Stealers. I might have to self-publish it, but I will make it available in some form. I definitely want to finish the story.

No it hasn't, and yes there are, but not for a few more years I'm afraid. For various reasons I diverted onto another series, which I aim to finish in its entirety, and then I'll get back to Fire Stealers. I might have to self-publish it, but I will make it available in some form. I definitely want to finish the story.
I'm disappointed, Fire Stealers will be come a myth that we talk about for years to come, like Martin's Winds of Winter and Rothfuss' Doors of Stone.

Back