It's the end of the world as we know it...

That was the start of the rot last time they began messing with the day of the week.

Mind you, I was teenager with better things to do back then, but isn't that still their target audience? That, and parents with children, for who Saturday evening might be the only time they sit and watch the TV together. The BBC have a pretty full schedule on Saturday nights now, with Strictly Come Dancing and such, so can see that they need to make room. Because you can never have too many celebrity game shows for charity. Why not put it on BBC 2 instead of Dad's Army repeats? On the other hand, since most people watch programmes on iPlayer (well I do anyway) it probably doesn't matter which day it is on. You cannot miss anything anymore like you could back when they put it on a Tuesday.

I think they should just cancel Strictly. What a massive waste of licence money

Harsh stuff there Nark.

Forget ye not the poor viewing figures old Doc Who gets compared to Strictly.

Then there's the charity aspects.

Plus the fact that maybe the old B33 B33 C33 know they have a turkey on their hands and want to hide it in the long grass. It might be that after you've seen it, Strictly will become your prefered weekend viewing.

:)

Harsh stuff there Nark.

Forget ye not the poor viewing figures old Doc Who gets compared to Strictly.

Then there's the charity aspects.

Plus the fact that maybe the old B33 B33 C33 know they have a turkey on their hands and want to hide it in the long grass. It might be that after you've seen it, Strictly will become your prefered weekend viewing.

:)

Are you saying that it is my... destiny..?
I'll never join you!

I think they should just cancel Strictly. What a massive waste of licence money

I say, old chap! Some of us here love Strictly!

And at least one of us loves it so much, they have the theme set as their ringtone...

Are you saying that it is my... destiny..?
I'll never join you!

It may be worse than that young Nark, get famous and the next thing you know it will be you dancing the light fan dango. Don't try and tell us you would turn it down. For once seen, they all fall under the spell of the glitter ball.

I'm happy to say I've never watched it.

how can you deny yourself - such will power, you have my respect Nixie.

I dare you to watch it (maybe wait till episode five when most of the dross has been scraped off (when you're hooked you can go back later). Don't look at the dancing, that doesn't get good till the later stages.

No, observe the whole Shambles. The judges bitter/sweet comments (how could they not see what you saw, the obvious favouritism) the stupid badly fitting costumes, the attempts at consoling someone who really does deserve to be chucked off the show.

All life is there. It should be a compulsory school subject as a topic the advanced bitching certificate IMO.

Last edited:

Back