Discussion Thread -- September 2018 75-word Writing Challenge

Ooh!
I like this theme/genre - 3 unrelated stories are spinning around inside my head. Maybe I'll let them settle and see which will fly first :)

** Please do not use the "Like" button in this thread! **

I've noticed in some other threads that there is no "like" link. e.g. https://www.sffchronicles.com/threads/45554/page-152#post-2271516

Therefore it seems possible to turn off this feature, but is it a forum feature or a thread feature?

Just thought I'd ask in case the "like" link could be turned off in the entries thread

Last edited:
But but but.... I had my entry. It had raspberry chocolate, kinky boots and a blaster.

S’not fair :(;):D

Sounds like a spy to me.

** Please do not use the "Like" button in this thread! **

I've noticed in some other threads that there is no "like" link. e.g. https://www.sffchronicles.com/threads/45554/page-152#post-2271516

Therefore it seems possible to turn off this feature, but is it a forum feature or a thread feature?

Just thought I'd ask in case the "like" link could be turned off in the entries thread

Err... that thread has "likes" in it too. Is it possible you're looking at your own posts? There isn't a "like" button visible in anyone's own posts.

The software allows us to remove the feature from whole forums, but not at a thread level -- so if we removed it from the Challenges, it would also be removed from the Discussion and other threads in that forum. Alas.

Last edited:
But but but.... I had my entry. It had raspberry chocolate, kinky boots and a blaster.

S’not fair :(;):D
That almost sounds familiar. If you add a communicator pen ("Open Channel D") you could have a retro super-spy blockbuster on your hands. :cool:

Oh! :oops: I hadn't realized mods have a "like" button in places where they are disabled -- I don't think that was the case before the last upgrade. Was it? :unsure:

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, that's the Playroom, at any rate, and it's all disabled there.

I'm in and just in case, there used to be someone at work with a surname of Stiff and his parents decided to name him Richard William. Go figure.

First, Interesting choice of theme and genre. I may have to go for the Man from UNCLE and a Monkey's Uncle. ---- Illya, Napoleon, Gabby, and others would be honored, I'm sure. :unsure:

------------

@Starbeast .... 007: Live and Let Drive .... Beast has written a story with the kind of Blonde vs. Bad Guy contest that's sure to be in the next big 007 extravaganza.

@Jo Zebedee .... COME UP AND SEE ME .... Jo, I can't help but see your main character as Mae West. It will probably be a bumpy night.

@Luiglin .... On His Majesty’s Secret Service .... Luiglin reminds us that when your name is Styf you have 2 strikes against you in the spy business.

Back