Discussion Thread -- September 2018 75-word Writing Challenge

@Stable .... The Viper .... Stable reminds us that in the world of espionage seldom are things just the way they seem because there is always another layer to reveal.

@LittleStar .... Sadder than Fiction .... Star gives us a sad story and a clueless detective.

I thought it would just be ROT13 or something, but this is much harder...

EDIT: RYJJSG HDRKQSDZ!

Last edited:
@Hugh ... Darkest Times .... Hugh indeed shows us that wars and what people do to win them can indeed lead to the darkest times imaginable.

Howdy, I guess I'm running out of time to get my story in, it just won't come together. I do have a stand- by story that almost found it's way into the trash and will enter that one if I can't make the new one work.
I do feel a lot better and continue seeing the doctor a couple times a week till they get my blood and meds where they want them.
Bob

Sadly, I may not be here for the voting.

If that's the case, please forgive.

So far just a holiday, but given the short time we all have left etc....

Sadly, I may not be here for the voting.

If that's the case, please forgive.

So far just a holiday, but given the short time we all have left etc....

I’m in the same boat. I’m certainly going to try and vote but internet access may be limited or non-existent.

I was going to ask if there was any way of having a proxy voting system but then it occurred to me that, without internet access, I wouldn’t be able to read the late entries and so I’d be submitting a proxy vote without viewing all the stories. Can’t see a solution other than avoiding holidays around the 23rd.

Can’t see a solution other than avoiding holidays around the 23rd

Well, you could do what I've done this summer take my holidays (assuming the British meaning of vacation for them) and spend them in a big city. Or.... you could use your smart phone. (I know not everyone has one but I just read that it is now up to about 50% of the world's population.):p:p

Last edited:
Perpetual Man: AYDE XQQGTJA GB XJ DJBXVGTE NMNJA, AGPK BUGV XJ TJNCWNQANK WGDJA GB MDNZ, VXJXINE AG OPNJK ZYDVEL ZDAY X ENUDGTE VNEEXIN.

Bob Senior: IFNT YSKPMZ JERNJ ISMX, TXI NG SG OGXVQXJIXY QMSJX UEK IKXSJFXKZ SGY YXJXQINEG, QKECXT IFSI WMEEY RSZ WX IFNJPXK IFSG BSIXK WOI REGXZ NT IFNJPXK IFSG WMEEY.

Thanks Victoria, I guess ?
Don't know what you said, not much good at puzzles, my eyes are crossed and my head hurts.
Sorry.

Thank you Victoria, I might have cheated a little in cracking your code, but I got there in the end!

@Bob Senior ... Uncle Louie .... Bob reminds us that a spy always needs to be careful or s/he might find themselves on the wrong side of a bum.

Dammit. I had three formed/half-formed ideas, posted, thought I was being oh-so-clever, came here and see Victoria's reviews are all in cipher.

Pork pies don't like me, give me terrible indigestion.

They give me terrible vomiting. Disgusting inventions, full of popping white gristly things that make me feel like I'm eating knuckles. And I haven't eaten knuckles for yonks (and don't eat pork anyway). I do, however, like a good whelk (which Papabrat calls 'thumbs', keeping with the hand theme)

:D

pH

Last edited:
I'm in, but it's rather a last minute affair, even more so than usual. I wasn't planning to enter this month, as inspiration was more than usually dry, but when I checked a couple of hours ago, we were so far below the aimed-for 42 that I forced myself to write something, to try and get us nearer our goal.

And if nothing else, the title will please TDZ. ;)

Ironically, your story is not going to be pursued by a bear's, as I managed to post my entry before yours this month.

Back