First Nations/Native American/Aboriginal SFF Authors from North America

The Bluestocking

Bloody Mary in Blue
Okay, here's a challenge for Chronners:

Beyond Rebecca Roanhorse and Stephen Graham Jones, are there any other First Nations/Native American/Indigenous SFF authors out there? I'm looking for suggestions of both U.S. and Canadian SFF authors - female authors in particular.

Note: Not looking for books featuring First Nations/Native American/Indigenous characters. It's the authors themselves who should be First Nations/Native American/Indigenous.

Thanks in advance!

Victoria Silverwolf

Vegetarian Werewolf
The first name that comes to mind is the late Russell Bates. He published a handful of stories in SF anthologies and magazines in the 1970's, but is probably best known for an episode of Star Trek: The Animated Series called "How Sharper Than a Serpent's Tooth." Here's some information about him:

Russell Bates

Another is Craig Strete, who has written quite a few stories, some novels, and edited Red Planet Earth, described as "a magazine of American Indian Science Fiction."

Craig Strete - Wikipedia

Randy M.

Owl Goingback had a vogue in the late 1990s, early oughts. I have one or two of his novels including Crota, which won a Bram Stoker Award and was quite popular as I recall.

Randy M.

Randy M.

D'oh! Can't believe I didn't think of Louise Erdrich even though she's not primarily thought of as SFF.

tinkerdan

∞<Q-Satis
Last edited: