Movies That Should have gotten Sequels But Didn't Get Them

The Fifth Element and Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets. The Fifth Element for obvious reasons, and Valerian because it was so close to being a great film. Valerian needs another chance.

The Fifth Element and Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets. The Fifth Element for obvious reasons, and Valerian because it was so close to being a great film. Valerian needs another chance.

The Fifth Element given it story might be difficult to do a follow up.

Valerian storywise would easier of the two to do a follow up of.

The Fifth Element given it story might be difficult to do a follow up.

Valerian storywise would easier of the two to do a follow up of.
Yes, Valerian lends itself more easily to subsequent films, but Die Hard had, what, five sequels, and there was little difference in those, so The Fifth Element could have had at least one.

Yes, Valerian lends itself more easily to subsequent films, but Die Hard had, what, five sequels, and there was little difference in those, so The Fifth Element could have had at least one.

In the case of Diehard Ive never understood how it could have spawned 5 sequels. In terms of story I alas though 1 man 2 sequels here.

One thing I would love to see is Luc Beson work with James Gunn on a sequel Valerian. :)

as long as DJ Ruby Rhod was giving the boot!

I have a massive soft spot for The Explorers. I'm not sure how they'd do it, but I would love to see a sequel to that.

I have a massive soft spot for The Explorers. I'm not sure how they'd do it, but I would love to see a sequel to that.

That is a fun film and and underrated .:)

Titan A E and the Tittle should. be Titan APB (After Planet Bob)

The Iron Giant . This except film deserves a sequel.

As much as I loved The Iron Giant I don't think I could take a sequel. At least if it could be of the same quality. I hate ending up a big teary snotty mess in the cinema.

I would have been happy if the Iron Giant had deliberately stepped on Kent Mansley .:D

Ender's Game (2013) . This was a really fine realization of the Orson Scott Card novel. Man they got quite a cast Harrison Ford, Viola Davis and Ben Kingsley! And good youngsters in the main cast.
Market research supposedly showed this had big fan following but it bombed at the box office.
Does not compute , it had all the action elements with a sophisticated story.
I like this story , tho it does seem like an alma-gum of the novels Star Ship Troopers , Forever War and the Dorsai series. This was supposed to be a success so that the rest of the Ender's stories could be told, that didn't happen.

Ender's Game, such a curiosity for me. I fully agree with the author's stance on war, I was impressed by the fact that he predicted the rise of the internet and the tablet and I thoroughly enjoyed his notion of certain elements of government being conducted through public social media. The were a few other things too but I can't remember now.

Unfortunately I felt the novel failed. I hated the notion of humanity winning the war by giving command to a gang of precocious high-fiving kids (I know, they weren't precocious and they didn't high-five but that's the extreme end of the cliche), and I hated the titular character so much I actually wanted the author to double cross us at the end and have the aliens jump out and kill him. Actually, I think that would have made a better ending: the aliens are evil after all, it was all a trap.

Ender's Game (2013) . This was a really fine realization of the Orson Scott Card novel. Man they got quite a cast Harrison Ford, Viola Davis and Ben Kingsley! And good youngsters in the main cast.
Market research supposedly showed this had big fan following but it bombed at the box office.
Does not compute , it had all the action elements with a sophisticated story.
I like this story , tho it does seem like an alma-gum of the novels Star Ship Troopers , Forever War and the Dorsai series. This was supposed to be a success so that the rest of the Ender's stories could be told, that didn't happen.

I liked the movie Enders Game . I thought this a pretty good adaptation.

Solo won't likely be getting a sequel .