The Empyreus Proof cover reveal! And, oh yeah, out now

HareBrain

Smeerp of Wonder
Staff member
Supporter
Here it is, sequel to The Goddess Project and Book Two of the Fire Stealers sequence.

Empyreus_Proof_cover.jpg

Grappling with the aftermath of the Skalith crisis, Orc and Cass Strandborn are shocked to discover its true instigators, and those behind their tormenting amnesia – a shadowy cabal of occultists who mean to provoke a global war.

Only the Watchers of Highcloud have the power to challenge these ‘Kings Behind the World’. But to reach the monastery, Orc and Cass must navigate the Empyreal metropolis of Bismark, a tangle of oppression and intrigue where advanced machines mask ancient magic. And at the heart of this labyrinth lies the severed head that rules the Empyreum, concealing a deadly link to the Strandborns’ stolen pasts.

The Shroud veiling their memories is beginning to tear. But with Orc’s grip on reality fracturing, and Cass caught in a desperate struggle against the occultists’ agents, finding out who they are might come too late.

The "official" release date is October 1st, but a communications foul-up meant it had to be released on Amazon last week, so there didn't seem any point delaying an announcement further.

Amazon UK Kindle version

Amazon US Kindle version

The paperback will be available soon, ISBN 9781911390527.

There's a launch event at Waterstones in Chichester, West Sussex at 6.30 PM on September 21st if anyone can make it.

I think I'm more excited about this book than The Goddess Project. It perhaps doesn't have quite such a satisfying shape to it, but in many other respects I think it tops it. It'll be interesting to see how many others agree!

Finally, as can be deduced from the "similar threads" list that will appear below this one, this book took a long time to finish, and during that time I had the stalwart help of many Chronners both on- and off-site. Huge thanks to you all, and to Brian for making this site such an amazing resource, meeting-place and community.

Hoorah! Looking forward to getting my copy!

Great quote from Naomi Foyle, by the way.

Will there be nibbles at the launch party? Or do we have to bring our own crisps and peanuts?

Very nice cover ! Makes me want to knock on that door. :)
If that door opens into the house I think, you really do not want to knock on it, Alexa, unless you run away immediately afterwards!

YAY!!!!
added to my list
also noticed that there is a paperback available used for $200+
you signed that one yeah? or someone is including their air-fair in the used price? ;)

you signed that one yeah? or someone is including their air-fair in the used price? ;)

Ha, that's funny. Since there is no paperback yet, it must have been made by photographing each page of the Kindle and printing them all out, and I guess the cost of that adds up.

I'm so glad people like the cover. Basing the design on the door knocker from a crucial location in the story was my suggestion, but Emma Barnes of Snowbooks did an amazing job of finding the perfect image and building the cover around it, with its wonderful rich colours. I was still a bit nervous of people's reaction, though, because ... well, it's a door knocker.

Since there is no paperback yet, it must have been made by photographing each page of the Kindle and printing them all out, and I guess the cost of that adds up.

Airfare... dammit, I knew I'd forgotten something.

Many Congratulations indeed.

I've had it on Amazon pre-order.

The book is brilliant, the cover is wonderful, so - YAY! I'll be getting the paperback for my shelves, and look forward to one day completing the set. Congrats, Bryan - hope this is a big success for you!