Where are sites to announce self published science fiction books

Robert Zwilling

Supporter
A couple of years ago it seemed like it was pretty easy to find blogging sites that would let you announce the publication of a self published story. It wasn't for review, it was described as an interview just to announce the book. I am looking around but I an not finding many places where I can announce a new science fiction book. It seems like a door closed on that type of free publicity. I'm not finding much searching for blogs or websites. Could I be looking in the wrong places?

If you're looking at marketing strategies for a novel, I just posted this in your other thread: Advertising fictitious products from a story to publicize a book

As for posting announcements on other websites - it's effectively a worthless task. Few people will see such notices, and such people are unlikely - even in any volume - will be pre-qualified sales prospects. Instead, you need to find a way to reach the right people in the right frame of mind, and then be able to offer additional sales options to them that can make your marketing pay a profit on your writing - all of which is covered in my answer linked to above.

There are a fair few decent blogs out there, but they may want free ARC copies of the book in order to inspire them to publisize self published material.
Selling copies in real life may be a benificial use of time. If a person buys a copy of a book direct from an author at a book fair or similar event, they will be likely to put a review on amazon or goodreads and maybe generate more sales.
Im basing this on a conversation i had with a self published author i am friends with. He says it is good to go visit local indie book shops and places like that to get books onto shelves.

There are a fair few decent blogs out there, but they may want free ARC copies of the book in order to inspire them to publisize self published material.
Selling copies in real life may be a benificial use of time. If a person buys a copy of a book direct from an author at a book fair or similar event, they will be likely to put a review on amazon or goodreads and maybe generate more sales.
Im basing this on a conversation i had with a self published author i am friends with. He says it is good to go visit local indie book shops and places like that to get books onto shelves.

I am stocking up on print copies. Local books shops. A beautiful adventure locked away in my past. We use to have a wide variety of book shops in and around the surrounding towns. Then like H.G. Wells War Of The Worlds, these giant structures started plummeting from the sky and they soared up into giant bookstores each one identical to the last one to sprout up. All the little bookstores disappeared one by one. I suppose I could travel to the monstrous metropolis before it falls under water to push my wares but what the hey. What is sadly funny is that an even bigger behemoth has caused some of the original usurpers to fold up and go away. The most ironic instance was the one that got replaced by a big box liquor store.